ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin 518 Tilt Function No Control  (Read 2458 times)

Bill Bluell

Martin 518 Tilt Function No Control
« on: May 11, 2011, 04:58:41 pm »

I have a Martin 518 Pro that when run in standalone mode functions completely. When connected to a dmx controller however, I lose control of the tilt motor. All other addresses in the fixture function 100%. The tilt motor does not seem to be energized at all. I have switched out motors with no impact and since it works in standalone mode, I know it is not an issue with the motor itself. Has anyone had this problem and do you know how to correct it. Thanks, Bill

James Feenstra

Re: Martin 518 Tilt Function No Control
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2011, 07:05:47 pm »

I have a Martin 518 Pro that when run in standalone mode functions completely. When connected to a dmx controller however, I lose control of the tilt motor. All other addresses in the fixture function 100%. The tilt motor does not seem to be energized at all. I have switched out motors with no impact and since it works in standalone mode, I know it is not an issue with the motor itself. Has anyone had this problem and do you know how to correct it. Thanks, Bill
What controller are you running it off of? You may have a bad profile for the fixture...

Have you tried changing the address?

It may also have a bad receiver chip, but I'd think it's more a software issue than hardware given the fact that standalone functions properly. Does it work in master/slave mode when slaved to another fixture? This uses the same control pathing as dmx does so would be able to indicate a hardware fault
Elevation Audiovisual
www.elevationav.com
Taking your events to the next level

Darren Scaresbrook

• Adelaide, South Australia
    • Concert Systems Australia
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2011, 03:11:11 am »

The 518 has 3 modes it can be run in. These are selected internally with a jumper. Make sure your fixture profile matches. ie: 8/16 bit etc.
The dip switches on these are a common fault also, I replaced 4 last week! Are the other functions showing up on the correct channels or are they offset? If so, this could indicate the dip switch.
Darren

Bill Bluell

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 03:52:09 pm »

The 518 has 3 modes it can be run in. These are selected internally with a jumper. Make sure your fixture profile matches. ie: 8/16 bit etc.
The dip switches on these are a common fault also, I replaced 4 last week! Are the other functions showing up on the correct channels or are they offset? If so, this could indicate the dip switch.
Darren
Will wonders never cease. I omitted that I had run the scanner in master and then in slave with another scanner. I also took the board out and checked for bad solder joints. Not an extremely difficult task but one you don't want to have to do again.
Then I read the post by Darren. The sad part about his post is, I could hear it in his voice when he was writing the post saying " Idiot, check the mode first". That's exactly what I did after toiling over the other options I tried and wallah..... The jumpers were open on the other scanners and set to a different mode on the added scanner. The funny thing is and a reason I never thought of it is....are you ready for this... sadly, I am an idiot  :-[.
Thanks to Darren and James for the help. Next time I need to be reminded of what I am doing wrong, I'll just pm you guys first. Thanks again for the help, Bill

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2011, 03:52:09 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.