Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Pro6  (Read 3046 times)

Michael Jone

Pro6
« on: May 13, 2011, 05:06:42 PM »

Hey guys- has anyone used the pro6 (or anything in the pro series) extensively?
I used one once for a one off, but have a more in depth show coming up.  I've watched the videos on Midas's website, and downloaded the offline editor but was wondering if anyone has any advice based on experience on the desk?
Also the offline editor makes my internet not work presumably searching for a console, when i disable the internet on my comp, most features stop working- what am I missing?

thanks

Árni F. Sigurðsson

• SR Forums
Re: Pro6
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2011, 03:21:20 PM »

I have been to the Midas Pro training course (CDMA), and had the change to play around with a Pro6 at a part-time job (not mixed a show on it yet tough)

Not sure about the offline editor, never got it really working on my computer, but never really tried.
Sound technician
Menningarfélag Akureyrar / Akureyri Culture Company
Iceland

andy craig

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:22:49 AM »

Hey guys- has anyone used the pro6 (or anything in the pro series) extensively?
I used one once for a one off, but have a more in depth show coming up.  I've watched the videos on Midas's website, and downloaded the offline editor but was wondering if anyone has any advice based on experience on the desk?
Also the offline editor makes my internet not work presumably searching for a console, when i disable the internet on my comp, most features stop working- what am I missing?

thanks

Hi Michael,

Will you be using many scenes for your show?
I have one out on tour at the moment and I'm slowly coming to grips with the scene management system.

I'm still using a PCM91 for outboard reverb, rather than the internal.
The onboard compressors have 4 or 5 different modes. They all have quite distinct flavours.
The console automatically compensates for latency issues, so setting up parallel processing chains doesn't cause any problems....even if you use external comps like Distressors or whatever.

If you have any specific questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

Chur,

Andy

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2011, 06:22:49 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.