ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: M7CL Matrix question  (Read 14427 times)

Matthew Carruthers

M7CL Matrix question
« on: May 10, 2011, 03:50:30 PM »

Hey all... Is there a way to assign the matrix sends to follow the master fader but not use the EQ settings?... can I just link them together so when I pull out the mains the matrix sends follow?? I have different delay speakers I'm using for a commencement and would like to assign different EQ if needed.

Thanks... I frequent this forum all the time and have learned a ton from you guys!!

Matt

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: M7CL Matrix question
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 05:18:41 PM »

Hey all... Is there a way to assign the matrix sends to follow the master fader but not use the EQ settings?... can I just link them together so when I pull out the mains the matrix sends follow?? I have different delay speakers I'm using for a commencement and would like to assign different EQ if needed.

What masters are you talking about? If you mean the stereo masters, then yes, that is how it works if you have routed the stereo masters to the matrixes. You can use the stereo masters as inputs to each of the 8 matrixes, and have separate eq and level for each matrix, with a common grand master via the stereo master. You can also make a grand master with a DCA if you are routing groups to matrixes to have a slightly different mix to each matrix as well. You may not want the same mix in the fill as the mains.

Mac

Matthew Carruthers

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2011, 04:17:17 PM »

What masters are you talking about? If you mean the stereo masters, then yes, that is how it works if you have routed the stereo masters to the matrixes. You can use the stereo masters as inputs to each of the 8 matrixes, and have separate eq and level for each matrix, with a common grand master via the stereo master. You can also make a grand master with a DCA if you are routing groups to matrixes to have a slightly different mix to each matrix as well. You may not want the same mix in the fill as the mains.

Mac

I got it...I have a graphic EQ inserted on the mains... I just adjusted the insert point and sent to the matrix pre fader...I'll use parametric EQ's on the delays.. all good!!!

Thank you!!

Matt

kristianjohnsen

• Lillehammer, Norway
    • Lillehammer Lyd og Lys
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2011, 05:25:12 PM »

Thanks... I frequent this forum all the time and have learned a ton from you guys!!

Matt

I have not clocked a lot of time in front of the M7CL, but on other Yamaha offerings you can go to the pair/group menu and link whatever output faders you wish.  I do this all the time with AUX fed subs where adjustment of the master will be tracked by the AUX master feeding the subs.  All other aspects of the outputs remain unaffected by this link.

Matthew Carruthers

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2011, 11:28:48 PM »

I have not clocked a lot of time in front of the M7CL, but on other Yamaha offerings you can go to the pair/group menu and link whatever output faders you wish.  I do this all the time with AUX fed subs where adjustment of the master will be tracked by the AUX master feeding the subs.  All other aspects of the outputs remain unaffected by this link.

You know I searched all over the place for a way to link outputs...I'd like to have the "saftey net" when I pull out my master fader that all the matrices would follow, but if I bus to them post fader, they get my mains EQ... so I ended up moving the insert point of the EQ in the stereo bus to the bottom of the channel and sent out pre to the matrices... I know there must be a better way.. I can just run with it like I have it, which is fine actually, but i'm anal and It's bugging me!!

Any better options??

Matt

Andrew Makinson

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2011, 12:26:26 AM »

You know I searched all over the place for a way to link outputs...I'd like to have the "saftey net" when I pull out my master fader that all the matrices would follow, but if I bus to them post fader, they get my mains EQ... so I ended up moving the insert point of the EQ in the stereo bus to the bottom of the channel and sent out pre to the matrices... I know there must be a better way.. I can just run with it like I have it, which is fine actually, but i'm anal and It's bugging me!!

Any better options??

Matt

Matt,  We don't know how many Matrices are already being used.  If you still have 2 more available then use them for L/R and put them all back to post fade.  Naturally, you'll bypass all processing on the stereo master and do your EQ from the Matrix.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:31:38 AM by Andrew Makinson »
--
Andrew Makinson
Grace Covenant Church
Chantilly, VA

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2011, 09:03:04 AM »

Any better options??

Matt

Assign all inputs to a DCA so you have an "oops!" fader/mute switch.

The correct approach is the one you're using, regarding feeding matrices from post-fader sends on the M7.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Jim Wilkens

• Marblehead MA
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2011, 09:29:50 AM »

Put your mains on a matrix too. OR assign all you inputs to a DCA and use that as your master fader.

Any better options??

Matt

Jim Wilkens

• Marblehead MA
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2011, 09:30:44 AM »

The M7 doesn't have this.

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 09:46:51 AM »

The M7 doesn't have this.

Correct.  One can link only INPUT faders.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2011, 09:46:51 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 21 queries.