ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Digidesign Console freeze/ lockup issue during show.........  (Read 3495 times)

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.

Hello All
I am in the middle of a short run in South America at the moment and had my first major console issue experience. Just wondering if anyone has seen anything like this.

This was the third day using the console no prior issues with it,

Soundcheck went fine, no issues.
3 songs into the show, que wedges go silent (running que on main fader) , 5 seconds later profile surfaces resets, but FOH and stage rack is still running and passing audio.
surface goes live and there is an error message on the screen saying the console has experienced a problem and i can either continue anyways are reset the console. I chose to continue anyways because we were in the middle of the show and I did not want to risk loosing the console for good. After hitting continue anyways, console is back to normal with a big red error message in the bottom right hand corner saying "Plug-in racks need Reset"

This happened a total of 3 times over the next 6 songs or so, than the surface reset on last time, when it came back on the VGA LCD screen, was frozen on the last input selected and wouldn't do anything, none of the LED's on the surface were working except for one fader bank. 2 banks of fader over 3 layers were responding and making changes to audio levels, but nothing else was working. Audio cut out a couple times for a split second during the show, but fortunately we made it through without stopping the show.

I was thinking this was just a surface issue, but the plug-in thing made no sense, I am only running 2 Revibe one FX plug-in inserted on a couple channels. No other plug-ins are sitting in the racks on this particular show.

Lastly I reset the console after the show it came up fine, didn't seem to have any issue, come in today and the console that was supposed to be replaced had not been, so i fired up the console, everything appears to be fine, than out of no where pink noise out of all outputs with the pink noise generator off, screen is freezing up again, and i am missing some output patches that were previously assigned. I have run through the surface self test and everything seems to be working properly on the surface.

I have a couple emails off to some digidesign friends, but haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone have any ideas what this could be, I have a feeling there are multiple issues going on here.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:58:11 PM by Steven Barnes »
Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

Greg_Cameron

• Cameron Pro Audio
Re: Digidesign Console freeze/ lockup issue during show.........
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 01:39:35 PM »

I have a couple emails off to some digidesign friends, but haven't heard anything yet.

Steve, I'd highly recommend you get on the Avid Live Sound Forum and repost your issue there. You're likely to get quick help from the users as well as Avid folks.

Greg
"Procrastinators of the world - contemplate uniting!"

Cameron Pro Audio

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 02:00:06 PM »

Steve, I'd highly recommend you get on the Avid Live Sound Forum and repost your issue there. You're likely to get quick help from the users as well as Avid folks.

Greg

Thanks for the heads up, I just signed up and posted issue there to see if anyone has any info.
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

Tom Hester

• Orange County, CA
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 03:53:16 PM »

There was an issue with some of the very first consoles having a ribbon connection that got corroded. The only time I saw that the error "Mix engine failure" came up. If you call Venue Support 1-650-731-6111 they will figure it out for you. I would stop what you are doing now and make that call!

Tom

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »

got a hold of mike over at AVID, and he walked me through a bunch of diagnostics stuff, after sending over the log files and doing some trouble shooting it appears to be a couple failing mix engine. We got the issue resolved for the time being by switching some Mix engine cards around.

A huge thanks to Mike and Sheldon the digidesign guys for the quick response and great support.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 06:57:49 PM by Steven Barnes »
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 06:54:00 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 24 queries.