ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Sound System Recommendation  (Read 29377 times)

Wali Raffiqi

Re: Sound System Recommendation
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2011, 01:42:50 PM »

Well that would depend on your setting. If it is a mobile rig, like mine, of course, since I have to set up and take down all my gear every time I have a gig. Which I usually just reach in from the back and plug in my return snake into the DSP and QEQs. But the cables from the board to the DSP and the GEQs stay with the case. I did have to move that back brace a couple of spaces down though, to be able to clear the plugs when I put the sound board all the way down.

My future plan is to buy one of the D series panel connectors with some panel jacks from EWI and mount it on the back like that brace, that way I don't have to reach in with the return snake every time. All my plugs will be right there at the back surface.

Steve Tremayne

« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2011, 01:50:31 PM »

Well that would depend on your setting. If it is a mobile rig, like mine, of course, since I have to set up and take down all my gear every time I have a gig. Which I usually just reach in from the back and plug in my return snake into the DSP and QEQs. But the cables from the board to the DSP and the GEQs stay with the case. I did have to move that back brace a couple of spaces down though, to be able to clear the plugs when I put the sound board all the way down.

My future plan is to buy one of the D series panel connectors with some panel jacks from EWI and mount it on the back like that brace, that way I don't have to reach in with the return snake every time. All my plugs will be right there at the back surface.

Makes sense.  Thanks.

Wali Raffiqi

« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2011, 01:55:44 PM »

Makes sense.  Thanks.
No problem!

You'll love the SL though. It's a great little digital board for the price. VERY analog friendly if you've never played with a digital board before (which was my case). And the ability to mix wireless with an iPad is wonderful! :)

Steve Tremayne

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2011, 10:39:29 AM »

Yes the height (6.8") is not the issue, it's the length (or depth) of the board (22.3") that usually matters in a rack case. That is what I also meant by the 14 space, like some gear is say 2U or 4U, the SL16 is "supposed" to be 14U. But from what I've searched around, no one makes a 14U in that style road case, unless it's custom request. BUT, the 12U of the EWI cases are big enough to fit. Odyssey also makes similar cases.

Hey Wali, do you possibly have a shot of the back of the rig without the back cover on?  Also, is your rig the C16U-P-22?

Wali Raffiqi

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2011, 12:21:28 PM »

Hey Wali, do you possibly have a shot of the back of the rig without the back cover on?  Also, is your rig the C16U-P-22?

Steve,

Unfortunately the only one I have is that last one with the table attached. I can take one for you tomorrow when I'm at home (currently at work). And yes, that's the case I have. I figured the 12U will be too short.

Steve Tremayne

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2011, 12:27:40 PM »

Steve,

Unfortunately the only one I have is that last one with the table attached. I can take one for you tomorrow when I'm at home (currently at work). And yes, that's the case I have. I figured the 12U will be too short.

Thanks Wali.

Wali Raffiqi

« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2011, 12:28:45 PM »

No problem!

Wali Raffiqi

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2011, 12:44:20 PM »

Steve,

I just noticed the part number correctly. I have the C16UDJ-P-22. The C16U-P-22 is without the table. I'm sorry.

Steve Tremayne

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2011, 01:03:35 PM »

Steve,

I just noticed the part number correctly. I have the C16UDJ-P-22. The C16U-P-22 is without the table. I'm sorry.

No Problem.  I'm going w/o the table.

Jack Herlong

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2011, 10:34:24 PM »

The only reason I might get a pair of 615's over some 612's is if you might set up in a small room with out subs.

Buy the 612's.  Use one sub in smaller rooms (as opposed to two).  It makes a big difference IMO.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2011, 10:34:24 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.