ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Propresenter 4 vs. EasyWorship 2009  (Read 31420 times)

Jared Koopman

Re: Propresenter 4 vs. EasyWorship 2009
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, 11:01:50 AM »

We have been using MediaShout for about 2 years now. But a few weeks ago our media pc got replaced with a Mac and since our Mediashout license was for PC we had to either purchase MS again or something else, so we ended up getting a site license of Propresenter.

Now we have Easy Worship, Media Shout and Pro Presenter so we should be good for a while. :) I am excited to give PP a try.

TJ (Tom) Cornish

• St. Paul, MN
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, 11:20:06 AM »

Hey guys,

Just going to chime n as an employee at EasyWorship.  I agree with Brian.  When working on a PC, or essentially an open system when it comes to hardware, you need to be careful when selecting components because it can create "bugginess".  Brian describes a very specific configuration is often necessary to avoid those issues.  This is often where EasyWorship can also catch some of the "short-changed" opinions that Tim describes and Ben has expressed.  In a closed hardware system the environment is controlled and easier to manage from a programming standpoint.

That said, we appreciate those who take the time to look into the power of what EasyWorship has offered even as far back as 2007 and we are planning for so much more with our next release.  And we too hope to take advantage of the stable hardware that Mac offers to provide a clean experience for the user.

For those who want a sneak peak at what we're up to, feel free to email me for a link to a beta o the next version.  We'd love to get comments from people who stay in the know when it comes to church technology.
Please change your username to be your full real name, and please post your manufacturer affiliation in your signature line, per forum rules.

Frank DeWitt

• LBP DI Box
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2013, 10:31:54 AM »

We used Media Shout and were not satisfied with the way it handled videos.  Some worked, many didn't.  A few years ago we switched to Propresenter on a Mac Mini.  It is the only mac in the place. Even our mixer is a PC. I make my living on a PC and I am typing this on a PC  That said. I recommend Propresenter on a Mac.  It just works and works well.

Frank
Not to Code

brian maddox

• HeyYahWon! ttsss! ttsss!
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2013, 01:10:06 PM »

We used Media Shout and were not satisfied with the way it handled videos.  Some worked, many didn't.  A few years ago we switched to Propresenter on a Mac Mini.  It is the only mac in the place. Even our mixer is a PC. I make my living on a PC and I am typing this on a PC  That said. I recommend Propresenter on a Mac.  It just works and works well.

Frank

+1
"It feels wrong to be in the audience.  And it's too peopley!" - Steve Smith

brian maddox
[email protected]
Savannah, GA

'...do not trifle with the affairs of dragons...

....for you are crunchy, and taste good with ketchup...'

Tommy Peel

• Longview, Texas
« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 03:49:43 PM »

We use a program called OpenLP for projecting lyrics; it's not nearly as nice or powerful as Propresenter(which I've used) but it's free and gets the lyrics on the screen with minimal fuss. It's definitely a step up from using PowerPoint because it's designed for lyrics projection; it's not for everyone but for a cheap(free) solution it works. I don't recommend it if you need the ability to handle PowerPoint presentations and it doesn't handle videos very well. Anyway that's my 2¢.

Available for Mac/Windows/Linux here: openlp.org

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2013, 03:49:43 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.