ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Switchcraft AAA XLR connectors?  (Read 3361 times)

eytan gidron

Switchcraft AAA XLR connectors?
« on: May 09, 2011, 08:09:11 AM »

Hi all,

Is anyone using the new Switchcraft XLR cable connectors. These are not the same as the older A3M/A3F connectors. They are closer in appearance and mechanism to the Neutrik connectors. They are supposed to be easy to assemble as they have only two parts.

If anyone has experience with these, I would like to know what you think of them (especially in comparison to the Neutriks).

Thanks, Eytan

Curt Sorensen

Re: Switchcraft AAA XLR connectors?
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2011, 09:31:37 PM »

Hi,
I've used the right angle versions, there were a few around the shop. I don't care for them, much prefer the Neutrik. I felt they were heavier, and in part, overbuilt. I haven't seen anyone using them, but as this list used to say, maybe I should get out more.
Curt Sorensen
Madison, Wisconsin

Gareth Marsh

« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 04:04:17 AM »

Hi all,

Is anyone using the new Switchcraft XLR cable connectors. These are not the same as the older A3M/A3F connectors. They are closer in appearance and mechanism to the Neutrik connectors. They are supposed to be easy to assemble as they have only two parts.

If anyone has experience with these, I would like to know what you think of them (especially in comparison to the Neutriks).

Thanks, Eytan

They seem pretty tough, but I still much prefer the Neutrik 'X' series connectors.

They seem quite weighty and bulky, and the silver ones are just way too obvious up near the mic, especially if they will be on camera.

In most common connector types, I find that Neutrik has the best solution.

Gareth

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 10:10:43 AM »

Hi Eytan!

The Switchcraft may be just what you need for whatever reason, however, I feel compelled to give Neutrik a "plug" (sorry, couldn't resist).

Neutrik has really impressed me over the years as a company that is innovative and continuously coming up with better solutions for really basic real world connector challenges.  Further, once they have come up with a new solution they do not rest on their laurels, but continue to tweak and improve on second and third generation products.  I tend to say thanks to them for their efforts by giving them what business I can.  Can you tell I'm a fan?   ;)
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

eytan gidron

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 12:35:03 PM »

Thanks all for your comments. It looks like there is no competition to the Neutrik connectors. I think it's the same with mic stands, K&M is pretty much the only way to go (unless you want a round base stand).

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 12:35:03 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.