ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Behringer 502 trouble  (Read 3127 times)

Kyle Espinoza

Behringer 502 trouble
« on: February 06, 2012, 05:51:58 PM »

Hello everyone,
I'm fairly new to working with audio hardware and I just received a behringer 502. The speakers I am trying to use were originally part of the Samson exp 5 10i portable PA system and both work fine. When I connect them to my behringer the sound quality is greatly reduced and the volume stays relatively low even when the master and input volume is maxed. I tried this using the tape/cd input from an ipod, and using a microphone as well, both are extremely quiet. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, if it has to do with the speakers or the input sources. Can anyone help?

Kyle

g'bye, Dick Rees

• Duluth
Re: Behringer 502 trouble
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2012, 07:16:08 PM »

Hello everyone,
I'm fairly new to working with audio hardware and I just received a behringer 502. The speakers I am trying to use were originally part of the Samson exp 5 10i portable PA system and both work fine. When I connect them to my behringer the sound quality is greatly reduced and the volume stays relatively low even when the master and input volume is maxed. I tried this using the tape/cd input from an ipod, and using a microphone as well, both are extremely quiet. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong, if it has to do with the speakers or the input sources. Can anyone help?

Kyle

Kyle.....

The Samson speakers were receiving proper signals from the Samson POWERED mixer they came with.  The Behringer 502 does not contain a power amplifier like the original Samson powered mixer.  You need to have an amplifier to power the speakers.  You cannot replace a powered mixer with an unpowered mixer and expect it to work.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain...

John Livings

• Los Angeles, California
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:40:58 PM »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2012, 09:40:58 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 23 queries.