ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Martin Magnum 2000 troubles  (Read 5269 times)

Hank Staples

Martin Magnum 2000 troubles
« on: May 07, 2011, 11:13:59 PM »

I just got a used Martin Magnum 2000 fog machine. Plugged it in waited for the green led to tell me that it was heated and ready. I pushed the fog button with the pot all the way clockwise (most fog). It sputtered and sent a puff or two then quit. I should mention that I was attempting to clean it with distilled water and vinegar mixture before use.

I dissassembled the entire machine and checked the hoses for blockage..all clear. The pump is vibrating but it doesn't seem to be sucking up any fluid. any suggestions?  >:(

duane massey

Re: Martin Magnum 2000 troubles
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2011, 10:54:08 PM »

Bad pump, or clogged heater. Pull the connection loose from the output of the pump and see if it is pumping fluid.  If so, bad heater. If not, bad pump.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Hank Staples

« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2011, 11:10:44 PM »

I wound up getting a 10cc syringe and filling it with the distilled water/vinegar mix...after it heated up i took the rubber hose off the reservoir and pushed the fluid through...it started "fogging" so it's not clogged. Pushing the "fog" button only makes the pump vibrate so I deduce it is indeed the pump.

Now the bigger question is. Where can I get one and how much is it gonna cost me? OK that's two questions... :o

I got this used for 300 bucks so I don't wanna sink any more in it than I have to. On the other hand I have a 300 useless fogger sitting around in my way. >:(

duane massey

« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2011, 06:11:19 PM »

You can try either forcing air thru the pump w/ air compressor or disassemble it and try cleaning it. You can buy parts thru any Martin dealer, but be patient and ready to scream at the cost.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Hank Staples

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 10:01:31 PM »

So anyplace OTHER than Martin offer the pump?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2011, 10:01:31 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.