ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Blizzard Puck  (Read 19598 times)

Drew Huber

• NuSouth Technology - Stage Lighting Solutions
Re: Blizzard Puck
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2011, 10:00:40 PM »

You may want to check out the latest in the Blizzard Lighting Puck lineup. The Puck 3 comes with 9 - 3 watt Tri-Color LED's. It is suppose to be briter than the other Puck models.

Lux: 6,500 @ 1m vs Lux: 2,995 @ 1m of the Puck RGBA

Drew Huber - NuSouth Technology
www.nusouth.net

Jon R Smith

« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2011, 10:12:49 PM »

You may want to check out the latest in the Blizzard Lighting Puck lineup. The Puck 3 comes with 9 - 3 watt Tri-Color LED's. It is suppose to be briter than the other Puck models.

Lux: 6,500 @ 1m vs Lux: 2,995 @ 1m of the Puck RGBA

Yes! I watched a youtube on the new “Puck3” and it is much brighter and a better mix of the colors without the typical shadows that LED's tend to display. Here is the link.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bVXlXqJQVQ

I like it. Under $200 and I really like the pucks if for nothing else, they are all metal! Powder coated and they just feel like they will last.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2011, 10:16:57 PM by Jon R Smith »
Jon

If you haven't seen the future, your not driving fast enough.

Mark Gifford

« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2011, 11:40:15 PM »

They make a hard-edged spot right out of the box, no spread at all. I bought a couple of page-sized plastic fresnel magnifiers on ebay, cut to fit, and tucked them right inside the fixture. Works a treat. Nice wide soft wash. Even gives you a bit of that color fringing in the shadows that says "stage lighting".

I took your advice and tried this - great idea, thanks!

MG

Brad Majors

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2011, 02:31:36 PM »

I have a bunch of the rgb Pucks- they do a good job. Had a couple of minor issues such as a few leds not working and tightening knobs breaking but nothing major. Recently got a Puck3 to compare and it is quite a bit brighter.

Unfortunately, color mixing is still not great. Lots of bleed and splotch-iness when making pastels like amber. I'm looking towards the new Blizzard Q12 rgba as an even more powerful alternative. Hoping to get some smooth color mixing out of these or at least a decent amber.

Anyone have these?

event lighting

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Posting Rules
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2011, 04:45:11 PM »

I have a bunch of the rgb Pucks

Please go to your profile and change the "Name" field to your real full name as required by the posting rules clearly displayed in the header at the top of the section, and in the Site Rules and Suggestions in the Forum Announcements section.

Mac

Scott Parr

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2011, 11:43:22 PM »

I sold 8 of my original RGB Blizzard Lighting Pucks and have 6 of the Q12W (white as a 4th color) Pucks.  Oh Man!  These are about 4 times as bright and don't have the significant 'ghosting / shadowing' with color mixing.  With White as your 4th color, it gives you a nice mix of pastels (Green looks sick for a wedding but green and white gives a softer look that is very acceptable).  Orange looks great and yellow is still just OK.  But with White as a 4th color option.  I could even put a gel on it if I really needed a specific yellow or any other color  ;D

(I'll be buying more when Will from Blizzard comes out with Q12's in battery powered fixtures)

- Scott

I have a bunch of the rgb Pucks- they do a good job. Had a couple of minor issues such as a few leds not working and tightening knobs breaking but nothing major. Recently got a Puck3 to compare and it is quite a bit brighter.

Unfortunately, color mixing is still not great. Lots of bleed and splotch-iness when making pastels like amber. I'm looking towards the new Blizzard Q12 rgba as an even more powerful alternative. Hoping to get some smooth color mixing out of these or at least a decent amber.

Anyone have these?

event lighting
X32 Compact - Shure ULXD
JBL VRX-932LAP - VRX-918SP

Gary Fitzpatrick

• Fermanagh, Ireland
« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 11:55:03 AM »

oh but they do...
http://shop.forcetwelvelighting.co.uk/

The website above seems to have been shut down. Are there any other UK dealers?
Allen Heath GL2000, EV sx300 over Community pro Subs, EV s-200 monitors, Zeck amplification

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2011, 05:37:17 PM »

Anyone have these?

event lighting

Haven't tried the old Pucks.
Have tried the Puck 3 and the Q6A and Q6W
The Q series is smoother on color mixing than the Puck 3 was.

(Brian) Frost

« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2011, 12:47:04 AM »

I like my original pucks but am thinking of going brighter.  I wish the puck 3 had rgba and rgbw as options.

2 questions:  Do you prefer rgba or rgbw?

and: is the q6 going to be a lot brighter than the puck or should I just get the q12, conversely will the q12 be blinding on a tall ultimate stand light tree?

Thanks

Haven't tried the old Pucks.
Have tried the Puck 3 and the Q6A and Q6W
The Q series is smoother on color mixing than the Puck 3 was.

Steve Hurt

• Lab Lounge
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 08:00:10 AM »

I like my original pucks but am thinking of going brighter.  I wish the puck 3 had rgba and rgbw as options.

2 questions:  Do you prefer rgba or rgbw?

and: is the q6 going to be a lot brighter than the puck or should I just get the q12, conversely will the q12 be blinding on a tall ultimate stand light tree?

Thanks

I haven't used the original puck, but from specs, the Puck 3 is 6500 lux where the puck is 3920

I tried a puck 3, a Q6A, and a Q6W together.  They were all VERY similar in output, until you turned them on white.  On white the Q6W was much brighter than the other 2 lights. The Amber on the Q6A helps a bit, although the amber LED's are not that bright.

Since I use mine for uplighting at the front of the stage and was already getting complaints about the Puck 3's being too bright, I got the Q6A's.  If I were putting them in trees, I would have gotten the Q12W's.  (or Q6W's if I couldn't afford the 12's)

If you put the Q12's in tall trees, they shouldn't be too bright.  (and if they are, you can always dim them down!) In that application, the extra light could be very useful.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, 08:00:10 AM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.034 seconds with 24 queries.