ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Turbosound] TFL-760H vs TFS-780H  (Read 5702 times)

Daniel Mock

[Turbosound] TFL-760H vs TFS-780H
« on: May 06, 2011, 09:46:05 pm »

I'm currently using TFL-760Hs, which was designed by Funktion One
(It even says it on the back of them), and is essentially the predecessor to the Funktion One Rezolution series.

What I'm wondering is, is this the same for the TFS-780H? Were they also designed by Funktion One? And is it the same in quality as the TFL-760H?

I know the 760H is wide dispersion and 780H is narrow dispersion, but are there any other major differences? Are the 780H drivers physically time-aligned/delayed like the 760H?

Thanks for the help

Sndguy (Joel Ashcraft)

• Classic LAB
    • Midnight Blue online
Re: [Turbosound] TFL-760H vs TFS-780H
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 11:30:19 pm »

I'm currently using TFL-760Hs, which was designed by Funktion One
(It even says it on the back of them), and is essentially the predecessor to the Funktion One Rezolution series.

What I'm wondering is, is this the same for the TFS-780H? Were they also designed by Funktion One? And is it the same in quality as the TFL-760H?

I know the 760H is wide dispersion and 780H is narrow dispersion, but are there any other major differences? Are the 780H drivers physically time-aligned/delayed like the 760H?

Thanks for the help

Daniel
Funktion One Is the brainchild of former Turbosound gurus, Tony Andrews & John Newsham.
All of the great Turbo designs from back when, came from these guys.  It would be no surprise to find out that Funktion One would offer a floodlight type device.  I don't know the differences in anything labeled with the Funktion One logo, but the Turbosounf labeled devices both had some time alignment done in the LMS700 (turbo badged and transformered BSS FDS388).
Those were and still are great boxes when flown/deployed properly.

I am sure there are others who still own these that can chime in.

Joel
« Last Edit: May 08, 2011, 05:14:48 pm by Sndguy (Joel Ashcraft) »

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: [Turbosound] TFL-760H vs TFS-780H
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 11:30:19 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 24 queries.