ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Qsc K 10s vs Rcf art 710a  (Read 4264 times)

Daniel Meegan

Qsc K 10s vs Rcf art 710a
« on: May 06, 2011, 06:35:35 AM »

Hi, new to the form so i hope this is in the right place!

I know you all must be sick of talkin about the k series and i have done a lot of reading on them but they're not stocked in any music shop here in Ireland so i really need help!

I'm looking to upgrade my pa system for a two piece band i play in. We currently use a small peavy hysis system, good but old!!

We're looking for a light and compact pa that sounds good. We use backing tracks and both of us sing and i play guitar. The tracks aren't too bass heavy so no need for a sub at this moment in time. Two active fullrange speakers with a nice warm and full sound would be ideal.

I've narrowed it down to the above and was just wondering if anyone has compared the two? The Ks go for 777euro here and the 710s go for 835euro. Specs seem similar enough too!

I'm sure they're both great speakers but which one will be better for my application? I'm leaning towards the ks purely for the bass response. I know i said bass is not a huge deal but bare in mind, i won't be using a sub as most places are too small and i can't afford fullranges and a sub at the minute!

Open to other suggestions too!

Any advice will be welcomed!
Thanks.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Qsc K 10s vs Rcf art 710a
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2011, 08:46:10 AM »

Hi, new to the form so i hope this is in the right place!

I know you all must be sick of talkin about the k series and i have done a lot of reading on them but they're not stocked in any music shop here in Ireland so i really need help!

I'm looking to upgrade my pa system for a two piece band i play in. We currently use a small peavy hysis system, good but old!!

We're looking for a light and compact pa that sounds good. We use backing tracks and both of us sing and i play guitar. The tracks aren't too bass heavy so no need for a sub at this moment in time. Two active fullrange speakers with a nice warm and full sound would be ideal.

I've narrowed it down to the above and was just wondering if anyone has compared the two? The Ks go for 777euro here and the 710s go for 835euro. Specs seem similar enough too!

I'm sure they're both great speakers but which one will be better for my application? I'm leaning towards the ks purely for the bass response. I know i said bass is not a huge deal but bare in mind, i won't be using a sub as most places are too small and i can't afford fullranges and a sub at the minute!

Open to other suggestions too!

Any advice will be welcomed!
Thanks.

Danial,
Although there may be many people who will reply that the RCF product would suit you best I am not one of those people. My own experience with RCF drivers has not been a positive experience. I have no faith in thier quality control or in the product line in general.

In the catagory these speakers sit you'll find a number of choices, all with their good and bad points. But, for your choice I'll have to say the QSC product is the way to go. I think you'll find the products from QSC can be counted on day in and day out and will provide you with a good sounding system more than capable of filling your need. Combine that with world class support and you have a winner.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Daniel Meegan

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2011, 09:03:34 AM »

Thank you very much for the advice Bob!

Daniel

Fernando Lopez

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 10:57:55 AM »

I really like rcf, but without a sub I would lean more towards the qsc

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2011, 10:57:55 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 24 queries.