ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: PSM900 Cue Mode Level Question  (Read 2256 times)

Martin Bilecki

• WWW.PerformanceSound.com
PSM900 Cue Mode Level Question
« on: May 03, 2011, 07:14:34 PM »

I had the pleasure of using PSM 900's over the weekend...    Great IEM...   

While in Cue Mode the monitor level of each mix was clearly down by 10 db or so than each muso's pack..    What am I missing ???   I scoured the manual and the transmitter and receiver and did not see any level mode adjustment ... 

Chad Griswold

• Mastermind Production Group Inc.
Re: PSM900 Cue Mode Level Question
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 08:43:39 PM »

I had the pleasure of using PSM 900's over the weekend...    Great IEM...   

While in Cue Mode the monitor level of each mix was clearly down by 10 db or so than each muso's pack..    What am I missing ???   I scoured the manual and the transmitter and receiver and did not see any level mode adjustment ...

Hi Martin,
I have been using these units for a while now all over the US and internationally and absolutely love them.  I haven't come across the situation you are describing while running in Cue mMode or standard mode so I find it very interesting.  Just to make sure there was not any weird limiter settings set on anything was there?  When I get back to my shop next week maybe I'll play around and see if I can re-create your issue unless someone else comes up with a similar situation and can explain it.
Chad
« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:46:31 PM by Chad Griswold »
Chad Griswold
CEO - Mastermind Production Group Inc.
Monitor Engineer - KC & the Sunshine Band

Jim Roach

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 10:08:07 PM »

I used the 900's briefly, last year on a tour. If things are still as they were then, it is most likely a volume limit difference between the monitor engineer's "cue system" and the muso's systems.

Lets say you change the volume limits from 4 to 8 in the receivers (belt-packs) after syncing, the transmitters still have the belt-pack volume limit setting at 4. When you sync a pack in cue mode it copies all the settings from the transmitter, including the belt-pack volume limit at 4. In normal mode your all good with your volume limit set at 8. When you go to cue mode volume limit is down to 4 for each of the synced systems.

To make sure your all good set all "RX Setup" settings in the "Utilities" menu on the transmitter before syncing to any belt-packs.

HTH,

Jim

Also, in case you didn't know, the "volume limit" reduces the maximum output level. It's not a traditional style limiter.

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 10:13:31 PM by Jim Roach »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 10:08:07 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.