ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking to add some subs to my sound at a decent price...  (Read 4550 times)

Dinesh Ramlogan

The ones I am looking at are Peavey SP118, JBL JRX 118, Behringer Eurolive B1800X.

Dave Marra

Re: Looking to add some subs to my sound at a decent price...
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2011, 11:30:35 AM »

The ones I am looking at are Peavey SP118, JBL JRX 118, Behringer Eurolive B1800X.
I run a pair of 2004-generation (gray grill) SP118's with a bridged QSC RMX2450 for my subs and am very happy with them.  Used craigslist prices for the subs were $400 and the 2450 was $300.  Add cables and a crossover and you'll be close to $900 total.  They are lightweight, have wheels, and can be transported by one person.

- .dave.
Kingdom Sound, LLC
Milford NH

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 11:31:42 AM »

What is the system you are adding them too?
What is your budget?
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Dinesh Ramlogan

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 11:36:09 AM »

What is the system you are adding them too?
What is your budget?
I have 4 Peavey Pr15
2 Behringer EPQ 2000 amps
Behringer 12 channel mixer
Peavey xover
Rane stereo 15 band eq

Chris Carpenter

• Baton Rouge
« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 11:54:24 AM »

I have 4 Peavey Pr15
Peavey xover
Rane stereo 15 band eq

Out of those, I think you would be most happy with the peaveys. I don't think the JRX series is a very good sub, even compared to Peavey's PV series 118. I''m not a big fan of the behringer either. I haven't heard a pair of those, but one by itself is seriously depressing. Also, when selecting a sub amp, I would go with something Crown or QSC as opposed to another behringer. Finally, why not swap out that xover and eq for a DriveRack PA? They can be had seriously cheap nowadays (just snagged a used one from GC for $150, no lie).

Glenn A Williams

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 12:16:03 PM »

Out of those, I think you would be most happy with the peaveys. I don't think the JRX series is a very good sub, even compared to Peavey's PV series 118. I''m not a big fan of the behringer either. I haven't heard a pair of those, but one by itself is seriously depressing. Also, when selecting a sub amp, I would go with something Crown or QSC as opposed to another behringer. Finally, why not swap out that xover and eq for a DriveRack PA? They can be had seriously cheap nowadays (just snagged a used one from GC for $150, no lie).

+1

I have to agree. The Peavey SP118 is in a whole other league than the other two.

Dinesh Ramlogan

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 12:30:02 PM »

I have 4 Peavey Pr15
Peavey xover
Rane stereo 15 band eq

k thanks I will look into one of those.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 12:30:02 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.