ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LS9-16 meter questions.  (Read 2970 times)

Albert A. Gustaveson

LS9-16 meter questions.
« on: May 02, 2011, 02:41:48 PM »

Hello Board.

Long time lurker, first time posting here.

Got a question that I can't find an answer to on the internet concerning the meters on a LS9-16. Having a hard time on how to word this correctly, so please bear with me.

While using the LS9-16 on the last event, it was noticed that while switching to the second layer(17-32), the meters were showing the same levels as the main layer(aux sends).

The scene being used was the initial scene, which is also the SB168-ES scene (1-16 being the local inputs, 17-32 being the SB168-ES inputs).

At the time, the SB168 was not being used, only the local inputs and outputs.

At first we thought it was a routing problem, but after getting back to the shop, and being able to look thru the routing page, I found nothing out of the ordinary. So, I busted out the SB168, fired it up, and the meters were now working as intended.

So, my question is why would the meters on the second page(17-32) be showing the levels of the main page(aux/matrix/LRC), when the DS-168 is not being used?

Sorry if this is confusing.

-AAG

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: LS9-16 meter questions.
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 09:32:35 PM »

Hello Board.

Got a question that I can't find an answer to on the internet concerning the meters on a LS9-16. Having a hard time on how to word this correctly, so please bear with me.

While using the LS9-16 on the last event, it was noticed that while switching to the second layer(17-32), the meters were showing the same levels as the main layer(aux sends).

The scene being used was the initial scene, which is also the SB168-ES scene (1-16 being the local inputs, 17-32 being the SB168-ES inputs).

At first we thought it was a routing problem, but after getting back to the shop, and being able to look thru the routing page, I found nothing out of the ordinary. So, I busted out the SB168, fired it up, and the meters were now working as intended.

So, my question is why would the meters on the second page(17-32) be showing the levels of the main page(aux/matrix/LRC), when the DS-168 is not being used?

-AAG
I have not used the SB168-ES but perhaps if it isn't installed or configured the desk reverts to local inputs 1-16 on both layers?
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Nate Conti

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2011, 10:10:32 AM »

Hello Board.

-AAG

I was cleaning my console and poking around this weekend and your problem raised a red flag to me. I am not sure if this will correct your problem but could be the issue. When I was in my settings page for the console I specifically remember seeing an on/off toggle for whether or not the level meter follows the selected layer or page. Hope that is it. Let me know if it worked!
Crescent Pro Audio

Albert A. Gustaveson

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2011, 10:41:18 AM »

I was cleaning my console and poking around this weekend and your problem raised a red flag to me. I am not sure if this will correct your problem but could be the issue. When I was in my settings page for the console I specifically remember seeing an on/off toggle for whether or not the level meter follows the selected layer or page. Hope that is it. Let me know if it worked!

Just tried out your suggestion, and it didn't work.  The second layer (slots 1-16) are still showing the levels for the master layer (aux, LRC, etc.) when the SB168 is not plugged in.

<shrug> 

Nate Conti

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 07:22:26 PM »

Just tried out your suggestion, and it didn't work.  The second layer (slots 1-16) are still showing the levels for the master layer (aux, LRC, etc.) when the SB168 is not plugged in.

<shrug>

Maybe it's a bug that they may have a revision for in the near future. Wish I could help more but I do not own the digital snake to try and work your issue. Good luck!!
Crescent Pro Audio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 07:22:26 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 22 queries.