ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: SC48 Function Buttons  (Read 8465 times)

Brian Wynn

SC48 Function Buttons
« on: May 01, 2011, 11:18:01 PM »

Can some one please tell me how to make a function key pull up a predetermined plugin form the rack?

Sheldon Radford

• Avid VENEU Home Page
Re: SC48 Function Buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 03:08:22 PM »

Hi Brian,
Can some one please tell me how to make a function key pull up a predetermined plugin form the rack?
This isn't yet possible, but could be added in future releases if there's enough demand. Feel free to add your ideas to the public request site: http://avid.venue.ideascale.com/

Sheldon Radford
Avid

Brian Wynn

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 10:05:46 PM »

Hi Brian,This isn't yet possible, but could be added in future releases if there's enough demand. Feel free to add your ideas to the public request site: http://avid.venue.ideascale.com/

Sheldon Radford
Avid

Thank you for the reply Sheldon.  I know you guys are working hard to get the systems the upgrades that everyone is asking for.  And I appreciate that and Im sure most people do. 

I'm just not happy with my SC48 I guess because I'm looking for a lot of things the M7 will do that the SC48 doesn't.  I felt like I was buying a upgrade from my M7 but after I own the SC48 I feel it was most defiantly a step sideways. 
Simple things bug me like:
Ipad or tablet control that doesn't effect the surface and has sends on faders so that you can mix monitors separate.  Presonus (& Yamaha) have you beat here with there $1800 mixer.  COME ON!!!
Its nearly imposable to change effects parameters without touching the mouse.
How the screen doesn't change when I select a input or output from any of the other tabs in the software.
No parametric EQ on the outputs.  This should be a no brainer.  Im hoping that this was an accident.  I know Plugins right; well who wants to eat up the plugin slots with something that should be factory set.
No Mono fader on the surface.
Make the arrow up & down keys on the keyboard change selected encoder values.
Make a function button turn off the encoder select area above the input channels.  I have had several guest engineers change gain or HP thinking they are changing and aux. level. 
Ditch the L/R/M fader check boxes.  Make the select button on the surface toggle the fader to fly to the selected output and have the option to select linking of any of the three output's.  I have tried to delay my subs on the mono output and found that the delay effected L/R as well because of that check box. 

I love how this desk sounds over the M7.
I just wish that Avid would release a list and timeframe of things that they are working on for the next update instead of keeping it a secret.  I truly believe that this would generate more sales for them because people who are undecided to make the Avid purchase would see what the future holds for there investment.  And that way I can decide if Im going to keep this desk or go back to an M7.

Sorry for Rant but I think it serves a purpose.  If anyone has any ideas on workarounds for my complaints please feel free to comment.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2011, 10:09:39 PM by Brian Wynn »

Brad Gibson

• Marketplace
    • Capital A Productions
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:59:33 PM »

I love how this desk sounds over the M7.

We are sound people right?  That fact alone makes the move a step up....  All those things you listed would be great but they do not get in the way of being able to mix a better sounding show because you are on an SC48..  I have owned both desks, and I am happy to have moved from my M7 to my SC....
To be a trusted, valued and, respected, leader by being fair, fun, confident and honest.

Brian Wynn

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2011, 10:09:47 AM »

We are sound people right?  That fact alone makes the move a step up....  All those things you listed would be great but they do not get in the way of being able to mix a better sounding show because you are on an SC48..  I have owned both desks, and I am happy to have moved from my M7 to my SC....

Ah, but they do get in the way of mixing.  Function is just as important as sound quality in my eyes.  If the desk doesn't allow me to do what I need then it's not worth having.  Sound quality can be fixed easier than function.  Its been said that a externally clocked M7 sound as good if not better than an SC48 or even a 5D.  Of course that's personal preference. 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2011, 11:04:09 AM »

Ah, but they do get in the way of mixing.  Function is just as important as sound quality in my eyes.  If the desk doesn't allow me to do what I need then it's not worth having.  Sound quality can be fixed easier than function.  Its been said that a externally clocked M7 sound as good if not better than an SC48 or even a 5D.  Of course that's personal preference.

External clocking of the M7 makes no difference in audio 'quality.'  I do not doubt that some folks *think* they hear a difference, but I don't hear any changes...  and at a gig where a BE brought his outboard clock, he extolled the virtues of how much better our M7 sounded, all while the M7 was set for internal clocking.  YMMV.

We own both consoles and I like both for different reasons and different types of gigs.  Again, YMMV.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Brian Wynn

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2011, 11:40:01 AM »

External clocking of the M7 makes no difference in audio 'quality.'  I do not doubt that some folks *think* they hear a difference, but I don't hear any changes...  and at a gig where a BE brought his outboard clock, he extolled the virtues of how much better our M7 sounded, all while the M7 was set for internal clocking.  YMMV.

We own both consoles and I like both for different reasons and different types of gigs.  Again, YMMV.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc

Why does this not surprise me?  Tim , do you hear a difference in the M7 vs SC?

Martin Bilecki

• WWW.PerformanceSound.com
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2011, 07:11:27 PM »

Why does this not surprise me?  Tim , do you hear a difference in the M7 vs SC?

Brian 

I spent 1 k on an external clock and had 4 touring engineers stuck on a cruise ship with me and my M7 for a week ...    We had an afternoon at sea with the theater empty..   I did blind tests with all forms of music and we all guessed wrong as to which was the external clock and which was the internal clock..  ...     Every Time ....   

Sold it on E bay ...   

I have done numerous shows in the last year two years  where patrons , guest engineers , etc. all have remarked as to how much better our rigs and shows have sounded ...  The only addition was the SC 48 or Profile desks...    It clearly to me sounds better than any Yamaha desk..   Especially when adding a bunch of inputs when a Yamaha Desk collapses.. 

The Sound Quality improvement is unquestioned around the globe..   

Better than an Sd 8 ???   maybe not  .

But any Yamaha desk    ..    No doubt ....   

This desk will keep your company ahead of the rat race ...   

Hang in there.......

Brian Wynn

« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2011, 11:22:22 PM »

Hi Brian,This isn't yet possible, but could be added in future releases if there's enough demand. Feel free to add your ideas to the public request site: http://avid.venue.ideascale.com/

Sheldon Radford
Avid

I tried to use ideascale and it looks like the moderator has not yet approved my account.  My email is [email protected]

Brian Wynn

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 12:05:29 PM »

I tried to use ideascale and it looks like the moderator has not yet approved my account.  My email is [email protected]

After looking at the Ideascale list it appears that everything I want is on the list.  So I'll just hope that they get added in future updates.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2011, 12:05:29 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 24 queries.