ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for improvements  (Read 6812 times)

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: Suggestions for improvements
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 05:16:20 pm »

It appears that not all users get their Location displayed. I don't see mine in my posts for example.
I looked through the settings and didn't find something to prevent it from showing. Did I miss it?
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Dan Johnson

• Classic LAB
  • Memphis, TN
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 05:31:15 pm »

It appears that not all users get their Location displayed. I don't see mine in my posts for example.
I looked through the settings and didn't find something to prevent it from showing. Did I miss it?
It seems that those who have their location showing in their posts have entered that info in the "Personal Text" field on their profile rather than in the "Location" field.

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2011, 12:20:51 pm »

The ads still take up too much column area, since the ads are at the top of the column, why not simply place them across the top of the page, THEN we will have the whole page width for forum input.

Or better yet, randomly place one ad in each thread, the advertisers will get their views, and we will get our space back.

Mike

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2011, 08:41:27 pm »

The ads still take up too much column area, since the ads are at the top of the column, why not simply place them across the top of the page, THEN we will have the whole page width for forum input.

Or better yet, randomly place one ad in each thread, the advertisers will get their views, and we will get our space back.

Mike
What are these "ads" you speak of?  Firefox > AdBlock Plus > NoScript
"Practicing an art, no matter how well or badly, is a way to make your soul grow, for heaven's sake. Sing in the shower. Dance to the radio. Tell stories. Write a poem to a friend, even a lousy poem. Do it as well as you possible can. You will get an enormous reward. You will have created something."  - Kurt Vonnegut

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2011, 09:11:09 pm »

Yup, that worked... NOT!

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #25 on: February 16, 2011, 01:34:04 pm »

Mike
What are these "ads" you speak of?  Firefox > AdBlock Plus > NoScript
Yup, that worked... NOT!

AdBlock keeps you from having to look at the ads, but the space is still set aside since there is also editorial content in the space. Instead of ads you see blank space. That may or may not be an improvement. I would rather see the ads, that may actually have information I am interested in, than wasted black space.

Mac

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #26 on: February 16, 2011, 08:45:10 pm »

Hi Mac, Id still rather see content full width, the font is tiny as it is. if Im interested in a piece of gear, I will most likely know about it WELL I before the ad shows up here, Ill do the research.

There are mostly pros and semi-pros visiting this site, no? The M7CL ad right now for instance, come on... seriously. 

Ok, Ill pay not to have the ads show with my profile, how 'bout that? lol

Thanks for listening, and letting me vent,
Best,
Mike

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 08:52:49 pm »

Hi Mac, Id still rather see content full width, the font is tiny as it is. if Im interested in a piece of gear, I will most likely know about it WELL I before the ad shows up here, Ill do the research.

There are going to be ads, this is a commercial site. We are working on getting more screen real estate for content. The ads are scaling larger here than the same ads on the FUD forums, and the margins are still too wide. Soon there will be a series of changes that will address several of the issues we have been having.

We will continue to work on making the site better, it is user comments that inform the direction we take.

Mac

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #27 on: February 16, 2011, 08:52:49 pm »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.