ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestions for improvements  (Read 6735 times)

Cameron Stuckey

• New York City
Re: Suggestions for improvements
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2011, 01:35:54 pm »

Looking at my post when compared to yours(attached) an edit time isn't added to the same line as the Report to moderator or Logged line, but is added above that line in a separate line. In addition to that, my personal edit/modify icon has its own line as well. After all is said and done, 25% of my post space is information that is isn't pertinent to the actual post.

Can the skin/format/code be modified so that a useless link to non-moderators be removed and the useful links condensed?

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2011, 01:44:42 pm »

Looking at my post when compared to yours(attached) an edit time isn't added to the same line as the Report to moderator or Logged line, but is added above that line in a separate line. In addition to that, my personal edit/modify icon has its own line as well. After all is said and done, 25% of my post space is information that is isn't pertinent to the actual post.

Can the skin/format/code be modified so that a useless link to non-moderators be removed and the useful links condensed?

So the line gets used by the "report to moderator" link anyway, and the IP address is going to stay because the mods use it. There are not separate layouts for regular members and moderators.

Mac

Dan Johnson

• Classic LAB
  • Memphis, TN
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2011, 11:02:05 pm »

I like how on the old forums every time I press the "back" button the page automatically refreshes to show me the current status of read or unread forums, threads, etc.  It would be nice, in my opinion, if the new forums were the same way as that really didn't impact my navigation speed since the pages loaded very quickly.

MagnetoSound

• Magneto Sound
« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2011, 03:40:49 am »

I like how on the old forums every time I press the "back" button the page automatically refreshes to show me the current status of read or unread forums, threads, etc.  It would be nice, in my opinion, if the new forums were the same way as that really didn't impact my navigation speed since the pages loaded very quickly.

+1!

Dan Sansom

MagnetoSound

• Magneto Sound
« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2011, 03:44:16 am »

- after posting, I'd rather be returned to the thread.

You can change this yourself, go to MODIFY PROFILE > LOOK AND LAYOUT > Return to topics after posting by default.

Dan Sansom

andychamp

• Let it bleed!
    • Work in slooooow progress
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 01:54:52 pm »

You can change this yourself, go to MODIFY PROFILE > LOOK AND LAYOUT > Return to topics after posting by default.
Thanks!
André Champaloux

-----------------------------------
"Curiosity is the nemesis of fear."

Mike Pyle

• Santa Rosa, CA
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2011, 09:33:05 pm »

The ads are too big, and so is the page indent.
Mike Pyle  Audiopyle Sound  707-315-6204
Dealer For: JBL, Soundcraft, Crown, dbx, AKG, Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, FBT, Danley Sound Labs, Fulcrum Acoustic, Tannoy, Lab Gruppen, Powersoft, Linea Research, VTC, EAW, Allen & Heath, Ashly, APB, Audix, One Systems, OnPoint Audio, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate, Global Truss, Road Ready, SKB, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, Midas, dB Technologies, American DJ, Odyssey, ProCo, Rapco, CBI, Elation, Mipro, Chauvet, Blizzard, Shure, Whirlwind, Bassboss, Yamaha, Line 6, Behringer, Whirlwind, On-Stage, more...

Jason Ellis

Re: Suggestions for improvements - User location / Region
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2011, 07:00:21 pm »

The new forums don't appear to have a user's region as an option and I know many people had false information there - but when reviewing items in the markplace it was nice to consider the items location before sending a PM.

I.E. User has four Danley TH115 for sale - and I was interested and could find the money, but not for shipping I could justify driving down to Atlanta from Nashville, but not San Francisco. Perhaps adding a suggestion to the Marketplace that a City or Zipcode would be helpful to the user browsing the ads.

Thanks!

Tim Mitchell

• Huntsville Alabama USA
    • Wooferhound Sound and Lighting
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2011, 02:24:04 am »

The Location works fine for me . . .

George Friedman-Jimenez

• NYC
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 08:07:32 am »

+1 to what Mike Pyle said, the indent is too wide, please make it smaller. Let long names take 2 or 3 lines, that is better than using a quarter of the screen for indent that is blank for most of the long messages.
Also, please find a way to encourage (maybe require) people to display their location. That is very useful information, not just for the Marketplace, it can help networking/cross renting, etc in your own geographic area. If for some reason people want to put a false location, they can, but I think the vast majority would be honest.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 08:13:53 am by George Friedman-Jimenez »

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2011, 08:07:32 am »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 23 queries.