ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Laptop audio output  (Read 18076 times)

Tracy Garner

Re: Laptop audio output
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2011, 02:20:16 PM »

Almost all of the music I play from my laptop is mp3 or AAC files. The output device make a much bigger difference in the sound quality than the file type, as long as you are not using crappy 128mp3 files. How do you get a ground hum from a USB device that does not have a pin 1 connection (the Peavey)?

The USB interface can also be a fraction of the cost of a decent DI, even though it will perform better.

Mac

...just saw the Peavey unit. Transformer balanced isolated, etc.  I would use this for myself especially with the Mono/Stereo switch and you can't beat the price.

Canute J. Chiverton

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2011, 12:10:44 PM »

I think the problem arises when the signal comes straight out of the Laptop to the Board. It is best to use a  Quality Soundcard to send the output(s) first into the DJ Mixer. Then send the Mixer's output(s) to the Board. A soundcard like this works for me. http://www.esi-audio.com/products/gigaporthd/

Albert Thomas

« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2011, 02:26:28 AM »

Finally got the Peavey USB-P after ordering it 9 weeks ago. It was worth the wait. Sound quality is noticeably better even to my battered ears. More detailed highs, more articulate bass, and better dynamics compared to the laptop headphone out. It's got to be the single biggest bang for the buck sound improvement that I've purchased. I recommend it to anyone still using a laptop headphone out as a source.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 02:29:15 AM by Albert Thomas »

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 02:10:13 PM »

I would be more likely to use the USB interface for my own laptop though. My preference in that case is the M-Audio since it works natively with ProTools.
Which brings a question to my mind. Now with the newer ProTools which works with lots of 3rd party devices, are there now normal Windows and Mac drivers for the Mbox series?
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2011, 02:10:13 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 25 queries.