ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: QSC 3602 Reliabilty Issues-Anyone?  (Read 20672 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: QSC 3602 Reliabilty Issues-Anyone?
« Reply #40 on: May 08, 2011, 11:07:56 AM »

So, did anyone happen to see the title of this thread?  Man, it's hard to get a straight answer around here!
There are probably better than 20 of them in this area being used on sub duty. To the best of my knowledge none have had problems due to the amp itself. Power in the venues yes, amps no.

Define "power in the venue". If you mean the amp shuts down with a 5 volt fluctuation in line voltage that equates to poor design IMO.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Alan Sledzieski

« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2011, 05:42:07 PM »

No such thing as a "linear" supply, except for maybe a battery.  ;)

So scroll down to where it says power supply, it says linear, so I'm confused,, as usual.  Is this the input, like 120v?

http://www.crestaudio.com/assets/literature/specs/116972_11560.pdf
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 05:44:53 PM by Alan Sledzieski »

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2011, 09:07:20 PM »

No such thing as a "linear" supply, except for maybe a battery.  ;)

So scroll down to where it says power supply, it says linear, so I'm confused,, as usual.  Is this the input, like 120v?

http://www.crestaudio.com/assets/literature/specs/116972_11560.pdf

Bob Lee is of course sorrect. The linear in power supply refers to the voltage regulator used, not to the power supply.

"
A linear regulator provides the desired output voltage by dissipating excess power in ohmic losses (e.g., in a resistor or in the collector–emitter region of a pass transistor in its active mode). A linear regulator regulates either output voltage or current by dissipating the excess electric power in the form of heat, and hence its maximum power efficiency is voltage-out/voltage-in since the volt difference is wasted. In contrast, a switched-mode power supply regulates either output voltage or current by switching ideal storage elements, like inductors and capacitors, into and out of different electrical configurations.

Ideal switching elements (e.g., transistors operated outside of their active mode) have no resistance when "closed" and carry no current when "open", and so the converters can theoretically operate with 100% efficiency (i.e., all input power is delivered to the load; no power is wasted as dissipated heat)."

BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2011, 09:07:20 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 24 queries.