ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: One Systems Vs. Community  (Read 8463 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
One Systems Vs. Community
« on: April 30, 2011, 09:33:42 AM »

Has anyone heard the One Systems horn loaded "Cross Field Array" model used in a typical football field scoreboard installation. If so how do you think it compared to the Community R2-52 in terms of throw, clarity, output.

Thanks
Mike C.

Niels Hempel

Re: One Systems Vs. Community
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2011, 03:53:30 PM »

I've been really interested in this as well!  we have a bid out for the crossfield array now.  If we install it, I'll post my feedback.

I've always thought the community outdoor stuff is great, no complaints so far, but I'm always looking for other options.
Niels Hempel
Tri-Tronics Professional Electronics, NC
www.tri-tronicsproelectronics.com
A/V Sales

Niels Hempel

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 03:37:24 PM »

Just reporting back.  We got the job a while back, I Have just been too busy.  The task was to shoot approx. 85 feet across a soccer field towards the home seating section at a high school.  System is used for music playback and game announcements.  We had no problem hitting 103 DB (A) with a QSC CMX 800 at 85' with plenty of headroom at the amp.  While we didn't get the chance to do a side by side comparison, we do know that both do the job very well, but IMO the Crossfield array has a bit more clarity at long distances.

The customers were blown away that the sound was coming from a single speaker... 
Niels Hempel
A/V Sales

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 05:39:30 PM »

Thanks for the update!

Rain Jaudon

• Multitude Audio
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2012, 03:28:16 PM »

Just reporting back.  We got the job a while back, I Have just been too busy.  The task was to shoot approx. 85 feet across a soccer field towards the home seating section at a high school.  System is used for music playback and game announcements.  We had no problem hitting 103 DB (A) with a QSC CMX 800 at 85' with plenty of headroom at the amp.  While we didn't get the chance to do a side by side comparison, we do know that both do the job very well, but IMO the Crossfield array has a bit more clarity at long distances.

The customers were blown away that the sound was coming from a single speaker...

I'd like to know more about the installation.  Location of the speaker?  Also, did you bridge the amp?
Thanks for the followup
Rain

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2012, 06:56:32 PM »

I was wondering about the amp as well, in stereo mode that's not much power considering what the speaker is rated for and the output you were getting at that distance. But it is an efficient box.

I'd like to know more about the installation.  Location of the speaker?  Also, did you bridge the amp?
Thanks for the followup
Rain

Niels Hempel

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2012, 12:55:40 PM »

Yes, we ran the amp in bridged mode which put us in the ballpark of 2400 watts (QSC spec).  I do not recall the gain setting on the amp but it was very low... We mounted the loudspeaker (using One System's pan/tilt bracket) to the front of the field house approximately 14' to the top of the cabinet so that most of the high frequencies would travel over the heads of the players on the field.  HF coverage started roughly halfway across the field.
Niels Hempel
A/V Sales

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2012, 05:10:45 PM »

Yes, we ran the amp in bridged mode which put us in the ballpark of 2400 watts (QSC spec).  I do not recall the gain setting on the amp but it was very low...
The gain setting on the amp has nothing to do with the output capability of the amplifier.  You can turn it almost all the way down and the amp can still produce full output (until it gets so low the input stage distorts before the output stage).
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2012, 06:08:33 PM »

The gain setting on the amp has nothing to do with the output capability of the amplifier.  You can turn it almost all the way down and the amp can still produce full output (until it gets so low the input stage distorts before the output stage).
What gain setting?  The CMX 800V gain is apparently fixed 46X or 33dB gain.  Now the front panel attenuators...

Niels Hempel

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 07:25:46 AM »

Ivan, I didn't say that it does.  I see how you assumed that because of he preceding sentence, but the point is, we had headroom left.  We all know it's not a wattage control.

Brad, QSC has called it a "gain control" knob for years.  RMX series evn has it labeled as such. Lol.

Niels Hempel
A/V Sales

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2012, 07:25:46 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.