ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Sennheiser MD441  (Read 12116 times)

Mike Caldwell

• Covington, Ohio
    • Mike Caldwell Audio Productions
Re: Sennheiser MD441
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2011, 05:39:59 PM »

+1 on snare use. 

Only if your trust the drummer!!!!

I'll bring mine out when the player and instrument is worthy
or if you ask nice ;D

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 12:55:59 AM »

I have one that I use for electric guitar.  I find it much more defined and punchy than a 57 on my VHT.

My only complaint is that the pickup pattern can grab bottom end stage noise and get a little rumbly.  I am considering moving to an e609 which takes less room and is fantastic at noise rejection.

You want a 906, not a 609.

Marsellus Fariss

• Grey Eagle Music Hall
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2011, 03:11:45 PM »

You want a 906, not a 609.

Isn't the 906 the newer version? I've got both and can't tell much of a difference sonically. The newer one has a roll off and the grill is colored differently on the business side so you can't accidentally place it backwards. For some reason though people get excited about our old original 609's.
Marsellus Fariss
Production Manager
Grey Eagle Music Hall

Ambassador to Clubland
"Welcome to Clubland! Here's a Sharpie and your input list. Its 30 minutes till doors."

Quote from: dick rees
Just accept that it's a crap situation and take the money.

Tim Padrick

• Indianapolis
    • T.P. Audio
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2011, 04:22:09 PM »

Isn't the 906 the newer version? I've got both and can't tell much of a difference sonically. The newer one has a roll off and the grill is colored differently on the business side so you can't accidentally place it backwards. For some reason though people get excited about our old original 609's.

If you have 609 instead of 609S, you may be correct.  I've never seen a 609 in the flesh, just 609S.

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #14 on: May 09, 2011, 01:19:37 AM »

Word on the street is that the old original 609 sound better than the reissue 609s (the s only stands for Silver). I'm liking my 906's.

Karl Winkler

• Lectrosonics
« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 03:14:48 PM »

I've had a Sennheiser MD 441 U microphone in my possession for several years and can't understand why I've never used it. To the best of my knowledge this is primarily a vocal mic with a supercardiod pattern. Just curious as to how many others either own and or utilize this microphone and would welcome comments regarding your opinions and experiences.

Like others have pointed out, the MD441 is a great mic. One of the greatest, IMO. Very expensive and large for a dynamic mic, but magic on the right sources. If I remember correctly, this was a "dynamic mic designed to compete with condenser mics". It has a very flat frequency response and a nice, uniform pattern.

I personally owned one, and also used them extensively when touring with a big band. Great horn solo mic, and terrific on tenor sax.

Photos in jazz LPs from the '70s show it used as a vocal mic for Sarah Vaughn, Ella, etc.

It's smoother-sounding that most condensers, to my ears, and more detailed that most dynamic mics. Reminds me of a good ribbon mic, actually, but with more detail on the top.
In theory, theory and practice should be the same. In practice, they are not.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: May 09, 2011, 03:14:48 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 25 queries.