ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help finding wireless intercom set  (Read 2505 times)

Bill MacFie

Help finding wireless intercom set
« on: April 28, 2011, 09:49:07 PM »

First off, thanks to all the professionals who give their help and advice here. I've been helped and learned a great deal!

My wife is an elementary school music teacher, and even though it's "only" elementary school, she puts on some pretty amazing programs (think 150 kids performing, quite often with live musicians). What she's looking for is a headset intercom set to talk to her sound/stage cue person during performances. She want's it to be full duplex, but with mute switch. And since she's up front directing, fairly "invisible".

I'm not familiar with what is out there. I know there are some nice bluetooth intercom system that motorcycle riders use, although I haven't looked into those yet. Figure with the wealth of experience here, will get the normal good input.

Not looking for anything terribly expensive of course, but they get funded pretty well by the PTA and their own fund raising, and have been able to purchase decent working grade equipment. So its not like she has a budget number to work with, she just gets the info, and then presents it to the PTA and usually gets what she needs.

As always, thanks for your help!

Henry Cohen

• Westchester Co., NY, USA
Re: Help finding wireless intercom set
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2011, 06:01:27 PM »

First off, thanks to all the professionals who give their help and advice here. I've been helped and learned a great deal!

My wife is an elementary school music teacher, and even though it's "only" elementary school, she puts on some pretty amazing programs (think 150 kids performing, quite often with live musicians). What she's looking for is a headset intercom set to talk to her sound/stage cue person during performances. She want's it to be full duplex, but with mute switch. And since she's up front directing, fairly "invisible".

I'm not familiar with what is out there. I know there are some nice bluetooth intercom system that motorcycle riders use, although I haven't looked into those yet. Figure with the wealth of experience here, will get the normal good input.

Not looking for anything terribly expensive of course, but they get funded pretty well by the PTA and their own fund raising, and have been able to purchase decent working grade equipment. So its not like she has a budget number to work with, she just gets the info, and then presents it to the PTA and usually gets what she needs.

Unfortunately your budget limitations pretty much preclude any good quality full duplex intercoms. The only product line I'm aware of that's not "terribly expensive" are the Eartec offerings.
Henry Cohen

CP Communications    www.cpcomms.com
Radio Active Designs   www.radioactiverf.com

Bill MacFie

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:31:15 AM »

Unfortunately your budget limitations pretty much preclude any good quality full duplex intercoms. The only product line I'm aware of that's not "terribly expensive" are the Eartec offerings.

Thanks Henry, I checked them out on the internet. A basic set is around $300, and will probably do what she's looking for. Also found B&H and other retailers carry, so this may be a winner.

Thanks!

Bill

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:31:15 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 24 queries.