ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Trailer purchase: single or tandem axle?  (Read 32388 times)

Don Davis

• So Cal
Re: Trailer purchase: single or tandem axle?
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 05:21:02 PM »

Hi Dave,
I believe the base price on my 2011 was $4500 so $3000 for a 1997 sounds a little high without seeing it or knowing the milage and maintenance history. Its hard to say but trailers do seem to hold their value pretty well.
Does it come with a spare or e-track? If not, those are expenses you'll have to incur and might consider during negotiations.

Don

On with the story.

I found a used Haulmark trailer an hour from me.  The trailer has the following characteristics:
  • The online pictures display an excellent condition trailer and the seller says there's no rot, leaks, or rust...
  • 1997 Manufacture
  • 7x14
  • Ramp
  • Tandem Axles
  • Torsion Suspension
  • Electric Brakes
  • Ramp
  • Good tires
  • Extra height
  • Side door

We've agreed on a price of $3,000.  Is this reasonable based upon the above description?

- .dave.

John Sabine

« Reply #21 on: May 10, 2011, 06:38:28 PM »

Tandem Axle. Take it from the guy who lost a wheel last month. 70 miles from the end of an 1155 mile weekend the right wheel came off of my trailer stranding me on the side of the road and costing me 500 dollars in parts and towing fees. Pay me now or pay me later. Btw, I'll soon have a single axle 6x10 cargo trailer for sale. LOL
"I think it needs more barn"

Dave Marra

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2011, 10:27:11 AM »

Well I ended up with a 2007 United tandem axle (spring) 7x12 trailer with ramp, side door, v-nose, 6+' interior height, and interior lights in nearly pristine condition; for $3300 and 4 hours of driving.  Very excited !!

- .dave.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2011, 10:29:34 AM by Dave Marra »
Kingdom Sound, LLC
Milford NH

Don Davis

• So Cal
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2011, 05:57:57 PM »

Sounds like a good deal. Congrats!

Well I ended up with a 2007 United tandem axle (spring) 7x12 trailer with ramp, side door, v-nose, 6+' interior height, and interior lights in nearly pristine condition; for $3300 and 4 hours of driving.  Very excited !!

- .dave.

Mike Christy

• Southern Maine
« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 01:09:25 PM »

- .dave.

Hi Dave, nice deal, you need a lot more gear to fill her up though! ... only kidding - Mike

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2011, 01:09:25 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 24 queries.