ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub Power - RMX or PLX  (Read 3511 times)

Andy O'Connell

Sub Power - RMX or PLX
« on: May 17, 2011, 07:10:18 AM »

Hello - I'm new to posting to the forum but have been reading for a long time and appreciate all of the valuable information and experience from the members on this forum.

I recently put together a QW rig (QW 4's over QW 218's).  I'm running the system 3-way and am currently using 2 PLX 3602's in bridged mono on the subs.  I've recently read (on this forum and others) that the 3602's on the subs may not be the best idea. 

So my question:  Since I have extra RMX 2450's, would I be better off running them in bridged mono to the subs instead and maybe moving one of the 3602's up to mid duty?  Would I loose alot of umph but be more stable?  Pros cons of doing so? 

I'd love to hear the opinions of folks on this forum.  Thanks!

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
Re: Sub Power - RMX or PLX
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »

Hello - I'm new to posting to the forum but have been reading for a long time and appreciate all of the valuable information and experience from the members on this forum.

I recently put together a QW rig (QW 4's over QW 218's).  I'm running the system 3-way and am currently using 2 PLX 3602's in bridged mono on the subs.  I've recently read (on this forum and others) that the 3602's on the subs may not be the best idea. 

So my question:  Since I have extra RMX 2450's, would I be better off running them in bridged mono to the subs instead and maybe moving one of the 3602's up to mid duty?  Would I loose alot of umph but be more stable?  Pros cons of doing so? 

I'd love to hear the opinions of folks on this forum.  Thanks!

NO.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Robert Weston

• Power is cheap, reputation is not.
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2011, 10:59:13 AM »

The PLX 3602 discussion is sometimes "hot" on this forum.  Using the 3602 for sub duty probably depends on how you plan on using your rig.  If there's a lot of bass in the music you provide, then maybe moving to something else would be a good idea.  Though, for anything "regular" (using this term loosely), the 3602 should be fine.

I use 3602's for JBL subs.  I don't drive the amps hard all the time, but will occasionally push them hard when needed.  Aside from the running warmer than the other PLX amps I use, they've performed well.  What I have found, is the 3602's require a good consistent steady electrical service.  If the electrical current is not good, it can force the amps the temp. shut off.

Andy O'Connell

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:19:17 AM »

The PLX 3602 discussion is sometimes "hot" on this forum.  Using the 3602 for sub duty probably depends on how you plan on using your rig.  If there's a lot of bass in the music you provide, then maybe moving to something else would be a good idea.  Though, for anything "regular" (using this term loosely), the 3602 should be fine.

I use 3602's for JBL subs.  I don't drive the amps hard all the time, but will occasionally push them hard when needed.  Aside from the running warmer than the other PLX amps I use, they've performed well.  What I have found, is the 3602's require a good consistent steady electrical service.  If the electrical current is not good, it can force the amps the temp. shut off.

Thanks, Bob.  That's helpful.  Just using it for my own band for now and will probably switch to an aux-fed sub setup w/ basically kick, bass, and maybe floor tom.  Sounds like I'll stay status quo for now.  thanks again!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2011, 11:19:17 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 23 queries.