ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: APB Dynasonics Pro Rack-House  (Read 7607 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
APB Dynasonics Pro Rack-House
« on: April 28, 2011, 09:24:00 AM »

Shortly I will pull the trigger on a new APB Pro Rack-House, along with a number of system upgrades. If any of you have been following along you may remember that I had narrowed my search to an LS9-16 or the Pro Rack-House. In the end, and because this is primarily an on stage rack mounted mixer, the Pro rack won. My criteria was and has been a feature set and above all tone.

I am convinced the APB will have superior dynamics than the LS9, and I have read that I can also expect better tone / dynamics from the APB than I would get from a majority of MIDAS boards. That being a huge boast being that I hold MIDAS in very high regard.

My questions might be have there been any changes to the board since the post of the many older reviews I have read, and is there anything special I might find once I have purchased the board. I have read Bennetts and Ales reviews, anything I can find on the web, and spent a little time using the board. Very little. I am not interested in a digital feature set comparison, and my outboard gear is just fine thank you. If Chuck A. or the gentlemen from APB can add anything I would be pleased. My resource for the board and upgrades is the wonderful Charlie Tappa of Pro Sound Service in Braintree, MA. 

Thanks,
BL 
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Rob Spence

• Boston Metro North/West
    • Lynx Audio Services
Re: APB Dynasonics Pro Rack-House
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 10:33:01 AM »

Shortly I will pull the trigger on a new APB Pro Rack-House, along with a number of system upgrades. If any of you have been following along you may remember that I had narrowed my search to an LS9-16 or the Pro Rack-House. In the end, and because this is primarily an on stage rack mounted mixer, the Pro rack won. My criteria was and has been a feature set and above all tone.

I am convinced the APB will have superior dynamics than the LS9, and I have read that I can also expect better tone / dynamics from the APB than I would get from a majority of MIDAS boards. That being a huge boast being that I hold MIDAS in very high regard.

My questions might be have there been any changes to the board since the post of the many older reviews I have read, and is there anything special I might find once I have purchased the board. I have read Bennetts and Ales reviews, anything I can find on the web, and spent a little time using the board. Very little. I am not interested in a digital feature set comparison, and my outboard gear is just fine thank you. If Chuck A. or the gentlemen from APB can add anything I would be pleased. My resource for the board and upgrades is the wonderful Charlie Tappa of Pro Sound Service in Braintree, MA. 

Thanks,
BL 
Hey Bob.

Come out to the expo at Watchussett in May and perhaps the folks from APB will have one with them.

Or, if you have decided, they could bring yours :-) Or, if not decided, call them and ask them to bring one for you to play with. I got to play with the prototype a few years ago down in NYC and it was sweet. Haven't used a production one though.
rob at lynxaudioservices dot com

Dealer for: AKG, Allen & Heath, Ashley, Astatic, Audix, Blue Microphones, CAD, Chauvet, Community, Countryman, Crown, DBX, Electro-Voice, FBT, Furman, Heil, Horizon, Intellistage, JBL, Lab Gruppen, Mid Atlantic, On Stage Stands, Pelican, Peterson Tuners, Presonus, ProCo, QSC, Radial, RCF, Sennheiser, Shure, SKB, Soundcraft, TC Electronics, Telex, Whirlwind and others

Chuck Augustowski

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 01:06:45 PM »

Thanks,
BL

I think the best way for you to make a decision is to evaluate the ProRack-House for yourself.  Our rep in the Boston area is Benchmark Audio Sales.  If you or your dealer contacts Perry Lengyel at 203-956-9862 (Cell 203-952-5178), I am sure he can arrange for you to evaluate one of his sample ProRack mixers.  All of our rep firms have samples of our products and this invitation of trying the product before you purchase is available to all  through your APB Dealer by they contacting their APB Rep.  ProRack-House remains our best selling product and it is unchanged from its initial introduction though we have gotten better at building these in our New Jersey facility that you are invited to come and visit.

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

Bennett Prescott

• This text is personal!
    • Bennett Prescott Dot Com
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 04:45:46 PM »

Bob,

If it's worth anything to you, I enthusiastically and unequivocally endorse the ProRack House... it is the best thing in that format money can buy. I have lots of gigs on them and never a bad experience.
-- Bennett Prescott
Sales & Operations Director
B&C Speakers NA
Cell: +1 (518) 488-7190

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2011, 05:35:43 PM »

I think the best way for you to make a decision is to evaluate the ProRack-House for yourself.  Our rep in the Boston area is Benchmark Audio Sales.  If you or your dealer contacts Perry Lengyel at 203-956-9862 (Cell 203-952-5178), I am sure he can arrange for you to evaluate one of his sample ProRack mixers.  All of our rep firms have samples of our products and this invitation of trying the product before you purchase is available to all  through your APB Dealer by they contacting their APB Rep.  ProRack-House remains our best selling product and it is unchanged from its initial introduction though we have gotten better at building these in our New Jersey facility that you are invited to come and visit.

Chuck Augustowski
APB-DynaSonics

Chuck,
I had actually made up my mind before I read yours and Bennetts replies. I have placed my order with Charlie Tappa and look forward to the boards arrival.

I chuckled when I read Bennetts reply. Everything I read, everything said, and every experience written says the same thing, and that is there are none better.

I would like to thank you and your team for what I perceive will be a wonderful experience.

I would also like to thank Charlie Tappa and Pro Sound Service in public. Charlie has been my go to guy, my dealer, for almost everything sound since I first met him a few years back. Every transaction has been a pleasure. His knowledge, his and his teams attitude, and overall desire to satisfy the customer have set him apart from all other resellers, bar NONE. If all resellers and people were Charlie's equal we could all go to sleep at night with a smile on our face.

Just an FYI the upgrade will hopefully include another pair of SRX725s, 718s, effects and probably an amplifier or two. (Jeez, I wasn't thinking. I hope Charlie's sitting down if he reads this.)
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 06:29:42 PM »

Bob,

If it's worth anything to you, I enthusiastically and unequivocally endorse the ProRack House... it is the best thing in that format money can buy. I have lots of gigs on them and never a bad experience.

Bennet,
I place a high value on your oppinions. Thank you for the information.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Steve Payne

• Soundworks of Virginia, Inc.
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2011, 08:08:33 AM »

Hey Bob,
  We'll look forward to a review from you once you've got your very own ProRack in service!  It's the "Honey, I shrank the mixer!" version a full on large frame analog console.  You're going to be a very happy camper.
Steve Payne
like us on Facebook at:
https://www.facebook.com/SOUNDWORKSOFVIRGINIA

paul bell

« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2011, 08:27:05 AM »

I can also say this is a great console. You'll love it!

Jay Barracato

• Solomons, MD
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2011, 09:06:03 AM »

I don't often get gear envy, but I think I will indulge in a little envy in this case.
Jay Barracato

Michael {Bink} Knowles

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 06:43:55 PM »

The LS9 advantage is utilitarian, for people who have regular gigs, each being very much different but repeating. The LS9 could recall the previous settings, making it quicker to set up. For you, that advantage means little. The APB advantage is sound path purity, with cleaner throughput. I think you'll like the results.

-Bink

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2011, 06:43:55 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 24 queries.