ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: I see the ad here on the site, but.....  (Read 4067 times)

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
I see the ad here on the site, but.....
« on: April 28, 2011, 07:44:08 AM »

Who are these people ??

http://www.outlinearray.com/
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

I did a gig for Otis Elevator once. Like every job, it had it's ups and downs.

Tim Morin

Re: I see the ad here on the site, but.....
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2011, 08:00:07 AM »

Who are these people ??

they are Outline from Italy. they make the Butterfly line array and others. their boxes are used by Brit Row in the UK and dowlen sound and SES here in the states to name a few.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 11:17:33 AM by Mac Kerr »

Jim McKeveny

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2011, 09:07:49 AM »

Keep in mind that Outline has been a substantial presence in the loudspeaker test & measurement biz for decades. They know what they do...

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 01:59:00 AM »

Keep in mind that Outline has been a substantial presence in the loudspeaker test & measurement biz for decades. They know what they do...

Indeed.  The long term question is how things will progress since Guido Noselli passed away about 5 years ago.  He had some very interesting approaches to design that sounded quite nice and was a master of developing to meet a specific need.  Many of those items became running products for Outline.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Morin

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 02:30:09 PM »

Indeed.  The long term question is how things will progress since Guido Noselli passed away about 5 years ago.  He had some very interesting approaches to design that sounded quite nice and was a master of developing to meet a specific need.  Many of those items became running products for Outline.
outline has had the same engineering personnel for over 10 years, these are key people that worked with Guido to design Outlines major product lines. believe me when i say his work is carried on by them exactly as he would have

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 02:40:00 PM »

Who are these people ??

Sorry to say this is the first I've heard of them. I would wonder who might be using them and to whose systems they might compete with.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Tim Morin

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 08:37:58 PM »

Sorry to say this is the first I've heard of them. I would wonder who might be using them and to whose systems they might compete with.
britannia row,special event services(ses) maryland sound, dowlen sound. the GTO competes with the K1 and other big boxes, the butterfly goes against mid to big boxes but only weighs 77 pounds with flyware. the mantas is a double 8 inch box that competes with boxes like the dv-dosc. the mini compass has no other box to compare it to.

Bob Leonard

• Boston, MA USA
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 08:42:13 PM »

britannia row,special event services(ses) maryland sound, dowlen sound. the GTO competes with the K1 and other big boxes, the butterfly goes against mid to big boxes but only weighs 77 pounds with flyware. the mantas is a double 8 inch box that competes with boxes like the dv-dosc. the mini compass has no other box to compare it to.

Isn't it a shame Tim that we so often become fixated on other brands and manufacturers that we often overlook some of the better things in life. Britannia Row is one hell of an endorsment.
BOSTON STRONG........
Proud Vietnam Veteran

Tim Morin

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 08:48:51 PM »

Isn't it a shame Tim that we so often become fixated on other brands and manufacturers that we often overlook some of the better things in life. Britannia Row is one hell of an endorsment.
its hard to compete with larger companies that have more advertising budget. Outline has been gaining ground because they have a very good product and are very innovative.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 08:48:51 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 26 queries.