ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [New Church] Audio/Video Install Companies in Houston  (Read 5216 times)

Justin Philip

[New Church] Audio/Video Install Companies in Houston
« on: April 25, 2011, 11:14:46 PM »

Hello guys,

We are designing a new church campus. About 800 seating capacity. 33,000 sqft.

We are looking for companies that we can work with to do the sound and lighting install. I don't know many off top of my head..LD, HiFi Doc, Audio Analysts. Any others?

Thanks
Justin
« Last Edit: December 07, 2011, 12:26:46 AM by Justin Philip »

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
Re: [Audio Lighting] Design & Install Companies in Houston
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2011, 08:13:42 AM »

Hello guys,

We are looking for companies that we can work with to do the sound and lighting install.
Are you looking for someone to design and install the system or are you looking for someone to install a system that is being designed by others?  Some Contractors will work either way but not all are as qualified in both design and integration so that may be a consideration in selecting a firm.

One of the firms you listed has done some high profile work in Houston but is actually based in Colorado, are you specifically looking for companies based in the Houston area?

Here is the National Systems Contractors Association's member search, http://www.nsca.org/Home/IndustryResources/MembersontheMap/tabid/360/Default.aspx, and InfoComm's, http://www.infocomm.org/membersearch/index.asp.  You may find some other Contractors through one of those.

duane massey

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 01:12:30 AM »

LD Systems are pretty much the big boys. Bright Star is starting to do installs, don't know much about their design credentials. DB Designs is a very small company that does a lot of medium-sized installs and designs. Most of the industry has died off over the past few years locally, and a lot of us are now working as subcontractors for the few survivors.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

Justin Philip

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2011, 12:26:03 AM »

I didn't want to start another thread on the same topic.

I now have most of the drawings ..so we are actively looking for a installer. We have a designer already.

Thanks!

shoot me a pm

Jim Thorn

• State College, PA
Re: [New Church] Audio/Video Install Companies in Houston
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2011, 01:22:42 AM »

Hey, Justin,

I do sound system maintenance for the Cy-Fair school district, and I have been very pleased with several auditorium systems installed by Covenant Communications.  They will design or install per an existing design.

Jim Thorn

Hello guys,

We are looking for companies that we can work with to do the sound and lighting install. I don't know many off top of my head..LD, HiFi Doc, Audio Analysts. Any others?

Thanks
Justin

Brad Weber

• Marietta, GA
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2011, 07:24:33 AM »

I didn't want to start another thread on the same topic.

I now have most of the drawings ..so we are actively looking for a installer. We have a designer already.
Did your designer not provide some recommendations or are you just looking for additional suggestions?  Is the work going to be competitively bid or are you looking to pick one Contractor and negotiate with them?  Are there any established criteria or qualifications, and I hope there are, for the installer?  What scope of work is involved, not in detail but just in general?

I just want to try to get you recommendations that fit your needs and the work while also trying to avoid wasting everyone's time on recommendations that would not be appropriate.  A simple example is that the companies that might be interested in and good choices for a negotiated $100,000+ project may be different than those that would be interested in pursuing a competitively bid $20,000 project.

Justin Philip

« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2011, 10:03:13 PM »

Did your designer not provide some recommendations or are you just looking for additional suggestions?  Is the work going to be competitively bid or are you looking to pick one Contractor and negotiate with them?  Are there any established criteria or qualifications, and I hope there are, for the installer?  What scope of work is involved, not in detail but just in general?

I just want to try to get you recommendations that fit your needs and the work while also trying to avoid wasting everyone's time on recommendations that would not be appropriate.  A simple example is that the companies that might be interested in and good choices for a negotiated $100,000+ project may be different than those that would be interested in pursuing a competitively bid $20,000 project.

the designer actually mentioned someone (hint: mentioned in the thread already). i have a hard limit budget of 150K (not set by me). audio being the most important, then video (no live video..just lyrics etc)..then lighting.

i havent decided on the approach..but i would like to work with someone who is transparent about the costs and is willing to get the best we can for the money we have allocated.

duane massey

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 11:08:15 PM »

If you have the time frame to do so, get prices from at least three of the companies mentioned in this thread. I have done work as a subcontractor for just about all of the major players, and their pricing can be very high IF they feel there is no competition. All of the companies mentioned are reputable and capable, but each has particular strengths and weaknesses.
Duane Massey
Technician, musician, stubborn old guy
Houston, Texas

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2011, 11:08:15 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.