ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: yamaha rev 500  (Read 9308 times)

george iverieli

• soundzone
yamaha rev 500
« on: April 25, 2011, 09:37:16 AM »

Hi guyz, I just bought Yamaha rev 500 processor on ebay and was interested if anybody has used it, what are the pros and cons.

thnx gio

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: yamaha rev 500
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2011, 12:46:07 PM »

Hi guyz, I just bought Yamaha rev 500 processor on ebay and was interested if anybody has used it, what are the pros and cons.

thnx gio

If you know little or nothing about the device, why did you buy it?

It's not a bad sounding box, but it's far from stellar.  The primary limitation of it is you can have a variety of EFX so long as you want to have reverb with them.  Chorus?  Sure thing.. how long a reverb do you want?  Flange?  How much reverb?  Get the picture?
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

MARK PAVLETICH

« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2011, 06:18:26 AM »

If you know little or nothing about the device, why did you buy it?

It's not a bad sounding box, but it's far from stellar.  The primary limitation of it is you can have a variety of EFX so long as you want to have reverb with them.  Chorus?  Sure thing.. how long a reverb do you want?  Flange?  How much reverb?  Get the picture?

Actually I  have used one for the last 12 years. Reliable and clean sounding reverb. The plate settings with some of the ring eq-ed out is the best setting for me. Forget about other effects and just use it as a dependable clear and clean reverb.

Dave Dermont

• Forum Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • From The Great Pocono Northeast
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2011, 05:41:45 PM »

thnx gio

Yamaha Reverb - Preset #1 - Edit time to around two seconds (1.8 to 2.2, depending on my mood) - Edit pre delay to 20 ms. - GO!

Yes, preset #1 (Hall) is the same on every Yamaha reverb made since the beginning of time. (1981)
Dave Dermont

Warning: Dates on calendar may be closer than they appear

Ryan Yorck

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 01:07:21 AM »

Great for verb, not so great for other effects.  Bought one used from a forum member about four years ago and it's still going strong. 

thnx gio

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2011, 01:07:21 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.022 seconds with 22 queries.