Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Product Reviews

JBL PRX618s

(1/2) > >>

Jesse Walter:
Picked up 2 JBL PRX618s subs to run with our 2 PRX718s for an outdoor show yesterday for a rock band.  Half way through the 1st set I noticed one 618's power light was not on.  Check it out and it was dead.  I guess it must have blown some kind of internal fuse or the amp just crapped out.

The 618s are only 100w less but they just can't compare with the 718s. The 718 moves so much more air.  The quality of the construction is sub par to the 718 imho.  I'm going to take these back Monday and try my luck with the 618xlf. 

Chuck Simon:
Please let us know what you think of the XLF model.  It is a huge improvement over the regular 618, but I am curious how it compares to the older 718.

Jesse Walter:

--- Quote from: Chuck Simon on April 24, 2011, 11:53:47 PM ---Please let us know what you think of the XLF model.  It is a huge improvement over the regular 618, but I am curious how it compares to the older 718.

--- End quote ---

I ordered 2 XLFs and they should be here in a week or so.  I'll do an A/B with my board and an Ipod when I get them.  I won't be able to test them in a live setting with a band until May 28th.

The 618s just plain sucked.  Maybe they would be OK for a DJ but they are in a different class than the 718.  We used an old pair of 518s a couple weeks ago and they sounded better than the 618.  I sure hope the XLF is on par with the 718.

jenna28higgins:

--- Quote from: Jesse Walter on April 26, 2011, 04:46:10 PM ---
--- Quote from: Chuck Simon on April 24, 2011, 11:53:47 PM ---Please let us know what you think of the XLF model.  It is a huge improvement over the regular 618, but I am curious how it compares to the older 718.

--- End quote ---

I ordered 2 XLFs and they should be here in a week or so.  I'll do an A/B with my board and an Ipod when I get them.  I won't be able to test them in a live setting with a band until May 28th.

The 618s just plain sucked.  Maybe they would be OK for a DJ but they are in a different class than the 718.  We used an old pair of 518s a couple weeks ago and they sounded better than the 618.  I sure hope the XLF is on par with the 718.

--- End quote ---

Whenever you get the XLFs then let me know how you worked with it? Planning to order it but still not much confident.

Jon R Smith:

--- Quote from: Jesse Walter on April 26, 2011, 04:46:10 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The PRX618XLF (X-tended Low Frequency) as well as the PRX718 & the VRX918SP all use the same 2268FF Driver. Power ratings aside they are more on par with each other. The PRX618 uses the same driver (268G) as the EON Sub and is essentially the same sub as the EON.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version