ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Is This Too Old To Use.  (Read 7234 times)

Canute J. Chiverton

Is This Too Old To Use.
« on: April 24, 2011, 02:41:35 PM »

I was doing some Spring Cleaning today and lo and behold here is what I found. I can't even remember where I got it or bought it! LOL Old Age is showing. Anyway, it is a Korg DRV 1000 12bit digital reverb.http://pages.videotron.com/jremi/images/DRV-1000.jpg
Video
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EACeU9M3zw&feature=player_embedded#at=107
I do need a reverb for my rig and was wondering if this would work,  It will be used mainly for vocals. Is it too old to be of any use?
I also found one of these, Apex Compellor AX. ( I don't think I will use this though).
« Last Edit: April 24, 2011, 02:54:21 PM by Canute J. Chiverton »

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
Re: Is This Too Old To Use.
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 03:39:05 PM »

I was doing some Spring Cleaning today and lo and behold here is what I found. I can't even remember where I got it or bought it! LOL Old Age is showing. Anyway, it is a Korg DRV 1000 12bit digital reverb.http://pages.videotron.com/jremi/images/DRV-1000.jpg
Video
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EACeU9M3zw&feature=player_embedded#at=107
I do need a reverb for my rig and was wondering if this would work,  It will be used mainly for vocals. Is it too old to be of any use?
I also found one of these, Apex Compellor AX. ( I don't think I will use this though).

Plug it in and try it out.  As for the Aphex, I'm not familiar with the AX version, but the Compellor is a respected device when used correctly.
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Dave Dermont

• Forum Moderator
  • Global Moderator
  • From The Great Pocono Northeast
« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 08:35:48 PM »

Yes! Try it out, and see how it works.

I'd try the Aphex too. I am not familiar with the AX either, but 30 seconds worth of web searching tells me it's one of the older incarnations of the Compellor.

If you like 'em, use 'em.

Dave Dermont

Warning: Dates on calendar may be closer than they appear

Canute J. Chiverton

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 09:14:48 PM »

I will have to wait later on in the week when I am out on a gig as my van stays loaded in the Garage and I only use it for my gear.

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2011, 09:21:58 AM »

Hello,

If the equipment operates as designed, then, the only question is whether the gear fits your need. 

Cheers, 
  Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Canute J. Chiverton

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2011, 09:27:34 AM »

Hello,

If the equipment operates as designed, then, the only question is whether the gear fits your need. 

Cheers, 
  Hammer
Well, I did have a Reverb on my list to buy.  I want to use it for vocals/Karaoke.  I was planning on buying one of the better Lexicon Models. If this works then I get to save the $$$$$$

Charlie Zureki

• South Eastern Michigan (near Windsor)
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 10:22:37 AM »

Hello,

Cheers, 
  Hammer
Well, I did have a Reverb on my list to buy.  I want to use it for vocals/Karaoke.  I was planning on buying one of the better Lexicon Models. If this works then I get to save the $$$$$$

Hello Canute,

I'm sure it's fine for Karaoke (if it operates)  Once you set the verb level, you probably will not make many changes anyway.    Save your money...and purchase something that can show you profits.

Good Luck,
  Hammer
Do it the right way....don't be a Dino!

Ned Ward

• SR Forums
  • Redondo Beach, CA
    • Our band's page on Facebook
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2011, 02:52:10 PM »

It won't be as bright, but for karaoke it will be fine. I used an sPX90 reverb for a long time as part of my guitar rig and actually appreciated the 12-bit and how it rolled off the highs.

Canute J. Chiverton

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2011, 01:28:39 AM »

It won't be as bright, but for karaoke it will be fine. I used an sPX90 reverb for a long time as part of my guitar rig and actually appreciated the 12-bit and how it rolled off the highs.
Well I did use it and it sounded great. As advised, its enough for Karaoke and thus works well in that regard. Since I already have it, why spend the extra bucks, eh! Thanks everyone for your input.

MARK PAVLETICH

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 01:49:23 AM »

Well I did use it and it sounded great. As advised, its enough for Karaoke and thus works well in that regard. Since I already have it, why spend the extra bucks, eh! Thanks everyone for your input.

I remeber the DRV1000 from the 1980's. I remember that it was OK on short reverbs but got harsh and grainy with long reverb times. It will probably still be going in another 30 years....

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2011, 01:49:23 AM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 26 queries.