ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: DB Technologies DVA T-12?  (Read 16137 times)

Jonathan Gaines

DB Technologies DVA T-12?
« on: April 24, 2011, 01:19:55 PM »

Anyone heard these yet? I was considering a T4 system for a while and put it on hold to look at business, but now this is showing up. Wondering if maybe my delay was a blessing....

Would be cool if they had a rigging frame to orient the T4 under the T-12 for a downfill.

Thoughts?

Matt Errend

• SR Forums
Re: DB Technologies DVA T-12?
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2011, 01:57:34 PM »

Anyone heard these yet? I was considering a T4 system for a while and put it on hold to look at business, but now this is showing up. Wondering if maybe my delay was a blessing....

Would be cool if they had a rigging frame to orient the T4 under the T-12 for a downfill.

Thoughts?

The DVA T12 and the T4 share the same rigging frame, and the T4's will mount directly below the T12's without needing a separate frame in-between.

Feature wise I am very interested, and ff they're voiced anything like the T4's they should be a decent sounding box. My chief complaint about the T4's was the noisy amplifier, so hopefully that has been resolved with the T12's.

Jonathan Gaines

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2011, 02:22:19 PM »

The DVA T12 and the T4 share the same rigging frame, and the T4's will mount directly below the T12's without needing a separate frame in-between.

Feature wise I am very interested, and ff they're voiced anything like the T4's they should be a decent sounding box. My chief complaint about the T4's was the noisy amplifier, so hopefully that has been resolved with the T12's.

I know the pricing on the T4, any ideas on the cost difference for the T-12?

I have talked with a few folks who have the T4, they never mentioned noise on the amp. What kind of noise have you experienced? Just standard gain noise (hiss) or something different.

Peter Morris

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2011, 09:06:34 PM »

I have talked with a few folks who have the T4, they never mentioned noise on the amp. What kind of noise have you experienced? Just standard gain noise (hiss) or something different.

The amp is a bit noisy (hiss), but in use its never been a problem.

Rich Soper

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2011, 07:42:48 AM »

The amp is a bit noisy (hiss), but in use its never been a problem.

PM me your details and I can put you in touch with someone to give you an idea on pricing.

The T4 did have a noise issue in its initial release which was rectified in later software updates.

T12 has the G2 Digipro amp which is a good step forward and has better ADDA conversion and DSP's
« Last Edit: April 26, 2011, 07:54:35 AM by Rich Soper »

Peter Morris

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2011, 07:45:37 PM »

...The T4 did have a noise issue in its initial release which was rectified in later software updates.....

...Hmmmm I think they just added a noise gate. The noise is technically still there but gated. 

as i said above ... in use - not a problem.

Matt Errend

• SR Forums
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2011, 07:59:51 PM »

...Hmmmm I think they just added a noise gate. The noise is technically still there but gated. 

as i said above ... in use - not a problem.

Correct. The "fix" was to add a noise gate somewhere along the signal chain internally. We've disabled the gates on most of our boxes since they will occasionally cut out low-level background music that is in the signal intentionally (walk in music). It's never really been an "issue" as we've never had a client complain about it, but it is noticeable in a quiet environment.

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2011, 03:34:35 PM »

We have a 16 box T4 rig and have 4 of the T12's coming mid may to augment the rig. We are also dealers. I can say for our live work, we are most pleased with the T4's and looking forward to the T12's. In keeping up with db Technologies on Facebook as they tested the T12's, even their own designers were quite impressed with the output of a stack of T12's.
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

Jonathan Gaines

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2011, 10:25:16 PM »

We have a 16 box T4 rig and have 4 of the T12's coming mid may to augment the rig. We are also dealers. I can say for our live work, we are most pleased with the T4's and looking forward to the T12's. In keeping up with db Technologies on Facebook as they tested the T12's, even their own designers were quite impressed with the output of a stack of T12's.

What about the subs? Opinions?

I currently own a slew of JBL SRX728 and have been happy with them.

Thanks

John Moore

• "learning the hard way sucks donkey kong"
    • Trinity Productions
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »

The S20 subs do a good job. Wish they could do a bit more. They have designed a new S30 sub with clam shell configuration and 3000 watts. Would love to hear them.
http://www.trinityprosound.com 209-832-8023
DEALER:Dealer for Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, Danley Sound Labs, VTC, Allen & Heath, Ashly, Denon,  Audix, One Systems, Beyerdynamic, Presonus, K&M, Ultimate,  Trusst, Road Ready, Gator, Radial Engineering, Turbosound, dB Technologies, RCF, American Audio,  Rapco, CBI Cables, ADJ, Chauvet, Blizzard, Furman, Shure, Tascam, Elite Screens,  BenQ, Midas, Digico,  and many many more...

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2011, 11:22:00 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.