ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: MyMix vs Aviom  (Read 79083 times)

Josh Bartunek

• http://www.mymixaudio.com
Re: MyMix vs Aviom
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2011, 08:32:55 AM »

John M Gibby wrote on Mon, 24 January 2011 08:40

What is the setup like for the MyMix stations.  Does each station have to go through the list of possible inputs and pare it down to 16?  For a fixed installation I can see that this is a mostly one time setup per station.  However, I think it gives the user the ability to screw up their mix.  It seems that a lot of amateur musicians think they need everything in their mix and want a mix that is like the house mix.  Those that know what they are doing will ask for only what they need in their mix.

While the MyMix does seem intriguing to me, I'm still in the Roland M-48 camp.  Plus, I still don't like the big LCD screens on onstage equipment in a setting where going to black is a requirement at times.  The proliferation of onstage LEDs and lights drives me crazy and detracts from the mood of the performance.  I know people are becoming more accustomed to it, but I still think that LCDs will even more distracting that little LED lights.

The Roland has a better set of features in my book.  And the system operator can set up each station by copying another station setup.  Additionally, they can pool inputs on one station group.  The only thing the MyMix has that the M-48 doesn't is the recording to SD Card, but they do have a record out.  

Regardless, competition is GOOD!

Currently, you would go through each myMix and setup the channels it receives. Each myMix has up to 20 name-able profiles. The myMix LCD is 4.5 inches diagonal, so I wouldn't call it big. We have had requests for a firmware update that allows the screen to blackout after a user specified period of time. That will be in a future firmware update. Actually, we are working on lots of firmware updates as requests come in from end-users. The ability to store profiles on the SD card and transfer it to other units has been a popular request, as well as the ability to lock out the entire Settings menu, or individual menus a la carte. My feeling, albeit biased, is that our ability to constantly be reacting to the needs and requests of the users with firmware updates is a major advantage of our system. Smile

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: MyMix vs Aviom
« Reply #30 on: January 30, 2011, 08:32:55 AM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 23 queries.