Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound Archive

anyone using "samepage" music stands/monitors?

<< < (2/3) > >>

Frank DeWitt:
I poked around and found this.
19" Touchscreen Performance Station with Software, 4GB    SamePage SPPS-M4  $950

Network Switch 24Port    SamePage SP24S  $700

16Ch Line Level Input Module    SamePage SPMX16L $1700

And the mix engine at about $2500 for 8 ch  (I think)

So, It looks like 10 stations will cost about $16,900 or about $1700 per person.

I don't own this system, I am just guessing based on this web site.
http://www.fullcompass.com/brand/SPG/show-all.html

Frank

John M Gibby:
Pricing sounds good for all they say it will do.  However, looking on SamePage site, I notice there are reviews all the way back to 2007, but I've never heard of these.  Makes me wonder if the idea has a lot of cool factor, but in reality, the musicians don't like them and therefore they aren't that popular.

We need someone with first-hand experience to give us a run-down on them.

John

PS.  I do like FullCompass.  Erik is a good man!

Kent Thompson:
I have seen that proco monitor system can interface with them.
http://www.procomomentum.com/?page=ears

Frank DeWitt:
John M Gibby wrote on Tue, 04 January 2011 16:49
Pricing sounds good for all they say it will do.  However, looking on SamePage site, I notice there are reviews all the way back to 2007, but I've never heard of these.  Makes me wonder if the idea has a lot of cool factor, but in reality, the musicians don't like them and therefore they aren't that popular.

We need someone with first-hand experience to give us a run-down on them.

John

PS.  I do like FullCompass.  Erik is a good man!

I think the mixer part was added in Nov 2008 It is by Pro Co
http://procomomentum.com/downloads/releases/Pro%20Co%20and%2 0Corevalus.pdf

Frank

Jonathan Johnson:
John M Gibby wrote on Tue, 04 January 2011 12:57
I think touch screen interfaces are here to stay, but there is one glaring (no pun intended) gotcha I see with these.  If used in a production where the stage goes black, the lighting director is not going to be happy.  Even just a few of these things glaring in the dark will destroy the mood of a dark set.  However, I think eventually they will design into touchscreens automatic dimming based on ambient light.  I'm sure some devices already have it, but I think all devices will have this somewhere down the road, even just to save battery life for battery-powered devices.  And devices such as this might even be remotely dimmed through DMX.  The church I worked in VA installed dimmable circuits to be able to dim the incandescent music stand lights just for that reason.

The idea is really slick though.  Combine the Planning & Play features with a soft version of Roland's M-48 mixing capabilities and you've got a killer product at least on paper.  The devil is in the details, so-to-speak.  So it remains to be seen how well it works in a real-world environment.

John

Black tape works for the ubiquitous LED, but I'm guessing it won't work here.

I like the idea of a DMX-capable monitor... wonder how long before someone implements it. If the monitor backlight is LED, it would be possible, but if it is a cold cathode lamp (like the kind in a flatbed scanner -- also used in many LCD monitors) then it probably wouldn't be truly dimmable. In that case, you'd be dependent on darkening the LCD elements, and that does not produce true darkness.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version