Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound Archive

anyone using "samepage" music stands/monitors?

(1/3) > >>

Chris Harwood:
Title says it all.  Cat 5 cabling, music AND virtual monitor mixer on a touch screen music stand.  Many other features.  Was looking at Aviom for a new church install, but this has sooo many more useful features.

But, what's like?  Any good?

Jonathan Johnson:
I'll save you the trouble: http://www.samepagemusic.com/

Arnold B. Krueger:
Chris Harwood wrote on Mon, 03 January 2011 01:34
Title says it all.  Cat 5 cabling, music AND virtual monitor mixer on a touch screen music stand.  Many other features.  Was looking at Aviom for a new church install, but this has sooo many more useful features.

It looks great on paper. We just invested in Aviom, and I am now having second thoughts, based on this.

The basic idea seems to be to replace the Aviom musician's controllers @ $700 with some tablet PCs @ $1000 and get a ton more useful function.

If this pass at these ideas does not make it, I predict that people will try it again and again until they do make it.

I know how much time gets spent shuffling sheet music around my church, and anything that cuts that significantly would be a very good thing. The mixer is just cream. Very valuable cream,b ut just cream.

I wonder if this would faciliate projecting full musical scores for congregatoinal singing. That requirement has been wandering around our church for over a decade!

Somebody gests to be the pioneer!

Thomas Harkin:
Chris Harwood wrote on Sun, 02 January 2011 19:34

I know nothing about it, but would like to know, too.

I couldn't find any specs or pricing.  have you found any?

Thomas

John M Gibby:
I think touch screen interfaces are here to stay, but there is one glaring (no pun intended) gotcha I see with these.  If used in a production where the stage goes black, the lighting director is not going to be happy.  Even just a few of these things glaring in the dark will destroy the mood of a dark set.  However, I think eventually they will design into touchscreens automatic dimming based on ambient light.  I'm sure some devices already have it, but I think all devices will have this somewhere down the road, even just to save battery life for battery-powered devices.  And devices such as this might even be remotely dimmed through DMX.  The church I worked in VA installed dimmable circuits to be able to dim the incandescent music stand lights just for that reason.

The idea is really slick though.  Combine the Planning & Play features with a soft version of Roland's M-48 mixing capabilities and you've got a killer product at least on paper.  The devil is in the details, so-to-speak.  So it remains to be seen how well it works in a real-world environment.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version