Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound Archive

Headphones for Drummer

<< < (4/4)

Lee Buckalew:
I heard the most current version of each.  Had not heard them since the very first model was introduced.  Then the sound quality was not great but the isolation was really good.
Now, the current models have very good sound quality and isolation.  I'd put the sound quality above the Sony 7506 in the EX25 and on a par or slightly better with the EX29.
I preferred the EX25's but...

His,
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Tim Padrick:
Lee Buckalew wrote on Sun, 30 January 2011 14:43
I heard the most current version of each.  Had not heard them since the very first model was introduced.  Then the sound quality was not great but the isolation was really good.
Now, the current models have very good sound quality and isolation.  I'd put the sound quality above the Sony 7506 in the EX25 and on a par or slightly better with the EX29.
I preferred the EX25's but...

His,
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

What is it about the sound of the 25s that you prefer?  By chance have you heard the M-Audio IE10 to be able to make a comparison?  (I have 29s and 10s, and much prefer the 10s - more extended top, less "artificial" sounding in the upper mids and lower highs.)

Lee Buckalew:
The EX25's, to me, sounded more accurate.  My recording partner also agreed.  We we had Extreme Isolation in to do a presentation for the St. Louis AES chapter meeting.  There were many who preferred the sonic quality of the EX25's.  There may be applications where the extra noise cancellation would win out for the EX29.  
That said, I don't think the EX29's sounded bad.

His,
Lee Buckalew
Pro Sound Advice, Inc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version