Church and H.O.W. – Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound Archive

Any experience with the Electrovoice tour-x speakers?

<< < (2/2)

Tom Young:
Quote:
.... is the QSC plx1804 considered one of those amplifiers that should be able to handle the parallel wiring i was talking about? The specs of the amp say that it can go down to 4 ohms but they add that it is stable in low impedance situations.

Looking at the impedance curve that EV provides and knowing you will use a subwoofer below the TX115's...... my experience says this will work.

But in reality this is the sort of question which is best answered by the amplifier manufacturer. QSC has very good tech support (not to mention the quality of their products) and you can simply email them the info and question that you have and they will provide an answer.

Quote:
Another question I have is if the EV tx-1152 speakers are any good?? I know that this is a very general question but I want to know what kind of thoughts you have, the
guys that have tried the speakers out.

I'm not comnenting as I have not used this particular series of speakers. I have used a good number of EV speakers and have been very pleased with the ones I evaluated and then chose for various projects and designs.

One last word of advice. No matter which speakers you decide on, they need to be measured and optimized once they have been installed. The interaction between the speakers, between the speakers and the room *and* between the speakers and the microphones will result in very different behavior (specifically frequency response) than what you see on a spec sheet. This is one of the biggest mistakes that churches and other not very well experienced users make. You need to hire someone (who has the qualifications) to come in and conduct this service.

Banibal Yonadam:
That sounds good. Thanks for the info and the advice. We're a pretty small church now working off a lightweight soundrigg, which is performing well enough for us for the moment. But you never know when we would need to expand, so I'm trying to gather as much useful info that I can.

I find this forum space extremely useful!

Thanks

Tom Young:
Always glad to help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version