ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Audio Technica ATW-T36HE  (Read 17830 times)

Norm Bystrom

Audio Technica ATW-T36HE
« on: December 19, 2010, 04:23:54 PM »

Would anyone out there have some experience taking the "dome" off of the hand-held in order to get at the cartridge?
The microphone unscrews at the transformer and at that point, you can see the wires going from the transformer to the cartridge, but I am unsure how to get to the cartridge from here?
It sounds like the cartridge is loose, as there is a rattle in the "dome/bulb" and is quite noticeable when being used.
Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Norm Bystrom

Tom Young

Re: Audio Technica ATW-T36HE
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 07:31:20 PM »

Norm-

I could not find this mic at AT's website. But it appears (from what you say) that this mic may not have a removable windscreen.

Unless someone else chimes in here, I would advise you to contact AT's tech support and see what they can offer as far as advice.
Tom Young, Church Sound section moderator
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 08:22:54 PM »

Tom Young wrote on Wed, 22 December 2010 00:31

Norm-

I could not find this mic at AT's website.

It is marked discontinued/obsolete.

I found it mentioned here:

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wls_systems/bc4c313cbad539 d8/index.html/

Quote:

But it appears (from what you say) that this mic may not have a removable windscreen.

Unless someone else chimes in here, I would advise you to contact AT's tech support and see what they can offer as far as advice.

That's the safest approach. Many hand held mics use the sane basic ball. I've fixed a number of them using generic replacment balls that I obtained from eBay.

Norm Bystrom

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 11:43:39 PM »

Arnold & Tom,

Thanks for your replies. I couldn't find it on Audio Technica's site neither, so I thought I would try this forum, however since my original post, I've gotten in touch with Audio Technica's canadian rep and received a pdf from them, showing where it came apart. It took two strong hands to loosen it. The problem turned out to be fairly simple, a foam rubber ring had dislodged itself from between the cartridge and the metal cylinder and with the cartridge only now held by it's rubber shock mount at the end, it could wobble from side to side. I slide the foam back where it belonged and put a couple of dabs of hot glue to hold it there, so hopefully this will solve my problem?

Thanks again for your interest.
Norm

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 11:43:39 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.