ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Some Help  (Read 13905 times)

Kevin Wilson

Some Help
« on: December 15, 2010, 02:37:38 PM »

Hello everyone.

Im new to the forum so please forgive me if this question is in the wrong place (or has been already answered).  I plan on getting to know the forum better - but I have an urgent problem Im hoping knowledgeable people here can help me with.

My problem seems quite simple actually.  Im attempting to record out of the Tape Out connections on our Mackie Mixer into a computer.  Everything is working - sounds good - but the LED signal meter is pegged out.  When I solo any channel it reflects that channels input level - but without any solo button pressed it reverts to pegged out stage.

What am I missing here?

Thanks for assistance help anyone can provide.

PS - All we are trying to do is record our teachings directly into the computer to be transferred to our website.  We are currently going through a digital recorder first - trying to bypass this.  If anyone has a better way to do this?
Kevin

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Here is Some Help
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2010, 03:24:05 PM »

pk4yahweh wrote on Wed, 15 December 2010 14:37

I plan on getting to know the forum better - but I have an urgent problem Im hoping knowledgeable people here can help me with.

The first urgent problem I see is your complete failure to read or abide by the posting rules of these forums. It is clearly stated at the top of every page that you must use your real full name when posting here. Hopefully when you have corrected this problem it will be possible to help you fix your other problem.

Mac

Kevin Wilson

Re: Here is Some Help
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2010, 03:42:59 PM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Wed, 15 December 2010 15:24

The first urgent problem I see is your complete failure to read or abide by the posting rules of these forums. It is clearly stated at the top of every page that you must use your real full name when posting here. Hopefully when you have corrected this problem it will be possible to help you fix your other problem.

Mac

My apologies for not reading that first.

Fixed.
Kevin

Matthias Heitzer

Re: Some Help
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2010, 03:48:09 PM »

Perhaps your output level is so low that the lowest led of the meter is not reached.
how high are the faders (master and channels) set?
I'm from Germany,so please excuse my bad english.

Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2010, 03:48:41 PM »

What model of Mackie?

Brad Weber

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2010, 03:51:16 PM »

Which Mackie mixer?  Which meters, on the Mackie or for the computer input?  Are you only recording or also you also creating other mixes with the same mixer?
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

Kevin Wilson

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2010, 04:05:21 PM »

It is the Mackie 3204 VLZ

The VU meter on the front of the board is maxed.

All faders are normal - and the signal meter doesnt change regardless of what you do with any faders or input levels.  

When the Tape Out is plugged into the digital recording device this issue does not happen.  Seems like it is something related to plugging into the computer?

Kevin

Aaron McQueen

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2010, 04:13:37 PM »

Is the computer being used for playback also?

It sounds like what used to happen if you would use a tape deck for record and playback at the same time.  You would create a feedback loop and the input would be pegged.  Most people would have 2 tape decks to get around the problem, one labeled 'record' and one labeled 'playback'.
Faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God - Romans 10:17 NKJV

Kevin Wilson

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 04:18:50 PM »

Yes - the computer is being used for playback as well...  we were routing the playback in through an additional channel.  

What would be a better way to set this up?

Kevin

Dick Rees

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »

Kevin Wilson wrote on Wed, 15 December 2010 16:18

Yes - the computer is being used for playback as well...  we were routing the playback in through an additional channel.  

What would be a better way to set this up?

Re-read the post before yours.  "Most people use 2 different machines for playback and record."

This answer works.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 04:24:29 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.