ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Speaker recommendation please!!  (Read 41096 times)

Danny Ryu

Speaker recommendation please!!
« on: December 13, 2010, 10:50:53 PM »

Live sound will be for church(about 200 seats = 3000sqft) and height is about 14ft.

I have come up with 2different speakers. Side(right and left) we are going to use JBL MRX525 for loud speaker and on the center, we are going to flying QSC K10 speaker for Pastor's speech speaker.

I was thinking that, would it be a good idea to put center speaker to use as speech? Is there any other speakers for center flying speakers that you guys recommend?

The church place is not that big, 3000sqft and 14ft height.

We are going to have all the instrument will be playing.
Any suggestion will be appericiate!

Dick Rees

Re: Speaker recommendation please!!
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2010, 10:53:01 PM »

danny8787 wrote on Mon, 13 December 2010 22:50

=

I suggest using your full name as required for participation in the Forum.  (See heading at the top of the page.))

Danny Ryu

« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2010, 10:57:48 PM »

Sorry, I changed it! Thank you!

Brad Weber

« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2010, 08:21:51 AM »

What are the room, the audience area and the stage dimensions?  What kind of music and what is or is not run through the sound system?  What are the room acoustics like?  What is the rest of the system?  Who is going to be installing this and especially handling and flying and system tuning?  Who is going to be operating it?  What is your budget?  These are some of the more general considerations that should be part a speaker assessment.

How did you come up with the particular speaker models noted?  What made them seem good choices for you?  Knowing why you came to the conclusions you did may provide some insights into your goals and priorities.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

Gary Creely

• http://www.steeplesoundavl.com
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 09:05:54 AM »

Danny Ryu wrote on Mon, 13 December 2010 22:50

Live sound will be for church(about 200 seats = 3000sqft) and height is about 14ft.

I have come up with 2different speakers. Side(right and left) we are going to use JBL MRX525 for loud speaker and on the center, we are going to flying QSC K10 speaker for Pastor's speech speaker.

I was thinking that, would it be a good idea to put center speaker to use as speech? Is there any other speakers for center flying speakers that you guys recommend?

The church place is not that big, 3000sqft and 14ft height.

We are going to have all the instrument will be playing.

Along with needing the answers to Brads questions, I have some observations.

1. The QSC is just as capable of handling "loud" as the JBLj just depends on what kind of loud. With a 14' ceiling it is unlikely that you will be able to cover the space with just one box. It is both redundant and unnecessary to run speech through one speaker and every thing else through an other set.

2. I would not install an MRX525 in your space (or any other church)

Just because the speaker looks big and foreboding does not mean it is any more capable than quality 2 way 12' boxes. In fact I would say the horn in the QSC is  likely of at-least very similar capabilities.

Just in general the MRX525 as a HOW instal box are a bad idea. I would move up to K12s add a sub and call it a day. When you tell us the dimensions of the space we can talk about the arrangement.
Gary Creely
STEEPLE SOUND
http://www.steeplesoundavl.com

Danny Ryu

« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2010, 08:37:37 PM »

Thank you for the kind information.

Our church chapel size is about 3000sqft and height 14ft.
All four side is done by dry wall, and on top of the ceiling will be 1/3 will be dry wall and 2/3 will be drop ceiling.

There are some little feedback but not much.(still under the construction)

We will be using Behringer MX32 / EQ DBX231 31 dual band / Compressor DBX266XL

I will be the persone who will be operating these equipment.
And flying speaker will be person who does working in PA field.

MRX525 and QSC K10, I got this speaker recommeded by guitar center sales guy.

We thought we need something loud speaker and something to cover up the speech(guitar center highly recommed QSC...)

Like you mention, K12 with subwoofer, would it be okay to cover our church? All the instrument will be playing(Guitar,Bass,Keyboard,Drum and Mic)

There is no budget set yet.
Just the speaker we got quote from guitar center was about $3500(2*MRX525 and 2*QSC K10)

We try not to spend no more than $3500.

Any feedback will be very appericiate!

Thank you!

Danny

Sidney.Pilien

« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2010, 11:41:12 PM »

The guitar center sales guy is crazy. The MRX is overkill for that venue. The power amp(s) required for those speakers may kill your budget if you don't already have one (or two). It's also not horn loaded.

The K10 and sub is designed primarily for dj work hence the multiple inputs on the rear panel and portability. The K12 is a better choice for sides but  still, you don't need all those inputs.

If you add  subs, you will need to budget the amp(s) also. For the square footage, the bass amp is all you need. Miking drums and all the instruments will be too loud and bury the vocals. Just feed the keyboard and go from there.

Any stage monitors?

Brad asked for room acoustics. Carpeting, tile flooring or wood? Chairs or pews? Open windows or A/C?

Ar you buying retail? Online is way cheaper.

You will still need to give more info:
What are the room dimensions (feet wide x feet deep) not including the stage.
Music or worship style- loud contemporary or mellow conservative or in between.

Sidney Pilien  

As Schultze would say "I know nutting!"

Gary Creely

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2010, 11:52:32 PM »

Danny,

You have given the square footage but not the dimensions. 3000 square feet could be 3' X 1000' or 55' X 55'.

A set of K12s with a sub would be just as if not more capable than a set of MRX525s. It sort of blows my mind some of the advice guitar center guys give out. I would take the money you save by just getting one set of speakers to get a DSP.
Gary Creely
STEEPLE SOUND

Gary Creely

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2010, 12:06:43 AM »

see below
Gary Creely
STEEPLE SOUND

Gary Creely

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 12:08:28 AM »

Sidney Pilien wrote on Tue, 14 December 2010 23:41

The guitar center sales guy is crazy.

Agreed!

Quote:

The K12 is a better choice for sides but  still, you don't need all those inputs.

The K12 is meant to be a all purpose speaker, I don't see the added inputs as a detriment.

Quote:

If you add  subs, you will need to budget the amp(s) also

or you could get the match QSC powered sub.

Quote:

For the square footage, the bass amp is all you need. Miking drums and all the instruments will be too loud and bury the vocals. Just feed the keyboard and go from there.

Not necessarily true. I would not mic the entire kit, however a kick drum mic and a few overheads would be helpful. A good bass amp could carry a room of that size, but it may annoy other on stage for it to be at a loud enough level to do that. Sending a feed to the board would be a more flexible arrangement.

Quote:

Ar you buying retail? Online is way cheaper.

Not necessarily true, I can often beat online pricing as a dealer, and as a contractor offer help with design, installation, and master planning of the system. Not to mention I will install speakers I sell more affordably than ones I did not.

Check out your local contractors, in the end you may end up much better off.

Gary Creely
STEEPLE SOUND

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2010, 12:08:28 AM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.037 seconds with 24 queries.