Church and H.O.W. Forums for HOW Sound and AV - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Church and HOW Forums > Church Sound Archive

Speaker recommendation please!!

(1/12) > >>

Danny Ryu:
Live sound will be for church(about 200 seats = 3000sqft) and height is about 14ft.

I have come up with 2different speakers. Side(right and left) we are going to use JBL MRX525 for loud speaker and on the center, we are going to flying QSC K10 speaker for Pastor's speech speaker.

I was thinking that, would it be a good idea to put center speaker to use as speech? Is there any other speakers for center flying speakers that you guys recommend?

The church place is not that big, 3000sqft and 14ft height.

We are going to have all the instrument will be playing.
Any suggestion will be appericiate!

Dick Rees:
danny8787 wrote on Mon, 13 December 2010 22:50
=

I suggest using your full name as required for participation in the Forum.  (See heading at the top of the page.))

Danny Ryu:
Sorry, I changed it! Thank you!

Brad Weber:
What are the room, the audience area and the stage dimensions?  What kind of music and what is or is not run through the sound system?  What are the room acoustics like?  What is the rest of the system?  Who is going to be installing this and especially handling and flying and system tuning?  Who is going to be operating it?  What is your budget?  These are some of the more general considerations that should be part a speaker assessment.

How did you come up with the particular speaker models noted?  What made them seem good choices for you?  Knowing why you came to the conclusions you did may provide some insights into your goals and priorities.

Gary Creely:
Danny Ryu wrote on Mon, 13 December 2010 22:50
Live sound will be for church(about 200 seats = 3000sqft) and height is about 14ft.

I have come up with 2different speakers. Side(right and left) we are going to use JBL MRX525 for loud speaker and on the center, we are going to flying QSC K10 speaker for Pastor's speech speaker.

I was thinking that, would it be a good idea to put center speaker to use as speech? Is there any other speakers for center flying speakers that you guys recommend?

The church place is not that big, 3000sqft and 14ft height.

We are going to have all the instrument will be playing.

Along with needing the answers to Brads questions, I have some observations.

1. The QSC is just as capable of handling "loud" as the JBLj just depends on what kind of loud. With a 14' ceiling it is unlikely that you will be able to cover the space with just one box. It is both redundant and unnecessary to run speech through one speaker and every thing else through an other set.

2. I would not install an MRX525 in your space (or any other church)

Just because the speaker looks big and foreboding does not mean it is any more capable than quality 2 way 12' boxes. In fact I would say the horn in the QSC is  likely of at-least very similar capabilities.

Just in general the MRX525 as a HOW instal box are a bad idea. I would move up to K12s add a sub and call it a day. When you tell us the dimensions of the space we can talk about the arrangement.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version