ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Portable System to be used in gym  (Read 17341 times)

Dick Rees

Re: Portable System to be used in gym
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2010, 11:22:56 AM »

Jonathan Johnson wrote on Fri, 10 December 2010 10:23

If sight lines with a center cluster on stands are an issue, how do you plan to address the basketball hoop that's smack dab in the middle of the end wall?

You could take a different approach by putting the screen to one side of the hoop, your pulpit (or just the preacher) to the other side, and your cluster directly under the hoop.

There's a controller on the wall.  Press the button or turn the key and the hoop/backboard assembly is rotated up and out of the way......

Kristian Stevenson

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2010, 04:49:30 PM »

Quote:

how do you plan to address the basketball hoop that's smack dab in the middle of the end wall?

As Dick stated, all 6 goals folds all the way up to the ceiling out of the way.

Kristian Stevenson

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2010, 10:44:18 PM »

Ok So Everything Is ordered. I went with the KW's. I'll report back on how everything works out. Thanks for the help guys.

Kristian Stevenson

« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2011, 02:59:46 PM »

Just an update: We finally got the KW152's in (The 181's are still on the way). I set them up in the gym like they would be for the service on stands about 5 ft up. I left the EQ untouched and played some contemporary music like what would be played  on a typical Sunday at a typical volume level. I walked around the gym to check for coverage and I must say they were pretty clear throughout the entire listening area. I did notice that I lost some volume at the far end of the gym but I was expecting that. Also, I noticed more low end about 10ft back in the center where the coverage of the 2 speakers met. It wasn't overwhelming but it was more than anywhere else in the gym. I am thoroughly impressed with how clear the KW's sound even playing a compressed MP3 from an ipod. I'm curious to see what the whole system will sound like when I get the subs in. Any suggestions or feedback as to what I am hearing??

Thanks

Brad Weber

« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2011, 04:04:06 PM »

Kristian Stevenson wrote on Thu, 06 January 2011 14:59

Also, I noticed more low end about 10ft back in the center where the coverage of the 2 speakers met. It wasn't overwhelming but it was more than anywhere else in the gym.

Sound like a 'power alley' issue, http://www.prosoundweb.com/article/in_search_of_the_power_al ley/.
Brad Weber
muse Audio Video
www.museav.com

Kristian Stevenson

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 11:23:35 PM »

Very interesting article. I will take a lot of this to mind when I get the subs in because I was planning on pole mounting the 152's on the 181's but I might change that now. We have a 2ft stage so putting the 2 subs in the center is not impossible. That'll definitely be something to play around with.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2011, 11:23:35 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 24 queries.