ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Experience w/ Line6 digital wireless?  (Read 2721 times)

Gene Simonalle

Experience w/ Line6 digital wireless?
« on: November 18, 2010, 02:31:31 pm »

Has anyone used any model of the Line6 digital wireless units?  I was reading about them and some of their claims about the 2.4GHz band sound overly simplified.
http://line6.com/xd-v/faq.html#faq03  I am looking down the road and see the eventual movement of audio production to an all digital bandwidth, both in processors like mixers and amplifiers, but also in capturing the audio in the first place.  I don't know if the 2.4GHz band is the best for wireless units, but at least you won't need a license.

So, has anyone used these (or similar) digital wireless units?

Thanks!

Gene
Gene Simonalle
Lake Avenue Christian Church
New Carlisle, Ohio

Frank DeWitt

Re: Experience w/ Line6 digital wireless?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2010, 07:12:39 pm »

I haven't used it, but I ran across this over on the SAC forum.

As some of you know, I write articels in a German pro audio magazin as a freelanced author.
By now I'm writing a review about the new LINE6 RELAY G50 and G90 wireless systems for guitarists. These units use the 2,4 Ghz band. I was fiddeling about with the units and changed on one of the beltpack transmitter the default setting Channel 1 to Channel 5. Guess what...my internet connection got lost staightaway!!
I can repeat this behaviour anytime... The other way round, there are no complains. The audio signal is very clean and free of interference. Don't know anything, if this is just a "european" problem, but I thought a warning could be helpful.
I didn't check the Wlan connection between my SAC host and the remote by now (don't have it around)...but anyway, this is really disturbing.

http://www.sawstudiouser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=11570&a mp;page=3

Matthias Heitzer

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 12:09:50 pm »

You'll have to expect the same problems in the states, as long as your wifi devices complies to the IEEE 802.11b/g/n specification.
I'm from Germany,so please excuse my bad english.

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2010, 07:26:50 am »

Frank DeWitt wrote on Fri, 19 November 2010 00:12

These units use the 2,4 Ghz band. I was fiddeling about with the units and changed on one of the beltpack transmitter the default setting Channel 1 to Channel 5. Guess what...my internet connection got lost staightaway!!
I can repeat this behaviour anytime... The other way round, there are no complains. The audio signal is very clean and free of interference. Don't know anything, if this is just a "european" problem, but I thought a warning could be helpful.
I didn't check the Wlan connection between my SAC host and the remote by now (don't have it around)...but anyway, this is really disturbing.

WiFi situtations can vary a lot. I've seen situations where starting up a second laptop running WiFi in the same room as a laptop running WiFi trashed all WiFi in that room. A wireless mic passing a signal continuously via WiFi is a lot different from two laptops in a room, both surfing the web. Surfing the web is a highly internittant workload. Passing audio is continuous.

Kent Thompson

• http://www.kentssongs.com
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 10:52:24 pm »

It's just like regular wireless units you really need to know what other signals are going on and possible interference issues and adjust the channels to avoid the issues.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2010, 10:52:24 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.