ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: M7CL Challenges  (Read 7007 times)

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: M7CL Challenges
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 01:11:56 PM »

Arnold B. Krueger wrote on Fri, 19 November 2010 11:14

Sidney Pilien wrote on Fri, 19 November 2010 01:33

manual sucks okay?

IMO, point well taken. The Yammie digital console manuals that I've reviewed desribe what every siwtch and knob does in a narrow sense, but no way tell you the methods and strategies for accomplishing non-trivial tasks.

Understanding signal flow, and basic routing and mixing skills are not unique to digital mixers. If reading the manual to learn how individual functions work on any console, whether it is digital or analog, doesn't help you operate the console, you need to learn a lot more about the basics of sound and sound equipment before try operating any mixing console.

The console operator's manual is not a guide to sound system design and operation, it is a guide to the operation of the console.

Mac

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly)

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 04:37:54 PM »

Chris Penny wrote on Wed, 17 November 2010 15:45

While I am not that familiar with the M7CL my guess is you have your Mix Sends routed to your mono/center channel. You need to select the mix channels and change this.

I'll put my money on this one.  The mixes 1-16 have the ability to be assigned to feed the stereo and/or center-mono buses.  Select one of your monitor channels and look at the channel (in this case output) screen - by the pan knob you'll have buttons for ST and M.  Make sure they're turned off.
Scott Helmke
TC Furlong, Inc.

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2010, 07:19:07 AM »

Mac Kerr wrote on Fri, 19 November 2010 18:11

manual sucks okay?

IMO, point well taken. The Yammie digital console manuals that I've reviewed desribe what every siwtch and knob does in a narrow sense, but no way tell you the methods and strategies for accomplishing non-trivial tasks.

Understanding signal flow, and basic routing and mixing skills are not unique to digital mixers.

I'd like to see someone say with a straight face that there are absolutely no aspects of signal routing on a digital mixer that are unique to digital mixers as compared to similar price point (i.e. competitive) analog mixers.

One problem with many manuals is that they are written by experts for experts. If you're an expert, you probably don't need a manual!

Sidney.Pilien

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 01:31:36 PM »

Arnold B. Krueger wrote on Sat, 20 November 2010 07:19

manual sucks okay?

Understanding signal flow, and basic routing and mixing skills are not unique to digital mixers.

I'd like to see someone say with a straight face that there are absolutely no aspects of signal routing on a digital mixer that are unique to digital mixers as compared to similar price point (i.e. competitive) analog mixers.

One problem with many manuals is that they are written by experts for experts. If you're an expert, you probably don't need a manual!

Then read the manual and answer the OP's question.
Sidney Pilien  

As Schultze would say "I know nutting!"

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2010, 10:22:22 AM »

Sidney Pilien wrote on Sat, 20 November 2010 18:31

Arnold B. Krueger wrote on Sat, 20 November 2010 07:19

manual sucks okay?

Then read the manual and answer the OP's question.

I must not be communicating well. I predict that non-experts who read the manual will find the OPs question to be very difficult or impossible.

Reading between the lines, the M7CL may have a LCR mode that defaults to usurping one or more of the omni outs, or whatever the M7CL has that is like them.

Kent Thompson

• http://www.kentssongs.com
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 03:49:14 PM »

But, reading the manual certainly wouldn't hurt...

The main question I have is did you not receive a phone number for support from the Dealer/installer? Did they not give you a Yamaha number you could call for support?

I know I have 2 personal cell phone numbers of Allen & Heath reps.

Certainly the people you spent 20kish with for this gave you a number to call if you had questions.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 03:49:14 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 23 queries.