ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: new book on sound for HOW  (Read 3096 times)

Tom Young

new book on sound for HOW
« on: November 20, 2010, 10:32:31 AM »

Doug Jones (who was head of the audio production department at Columbia College in Chicago and who's parents were missionaries) has written a recently released book titled "Sound of Worship" (A Handbook of Acoustics and Sound System Design for the Church) on Focal Press.

Promotional code # 37688 provides a 20% discount wen you order it from Focal / Excelsior.

There are a good number of VERY poory written, technically "wrong" and misleading books on sound for churches out there these days. Knowing Doug (and Focal Press) I am confident this will be a welcome addition to the technical library of anyone who is seriously interested in what we're up against.

Once I get mine and have read it I will add a mini review.
Tom Young, Church Sound section moderator
Electroacoustic Design Services
Oxford CT
Tel: 203.888.6217
Email: dbspl@earthlink.net
www.dbspl.com

Ivan Beaver

Re: new book on sound for HOW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 10:04:28 AM »

Tom Young wrote on Sat, 20 November 2010 10:32

Doug Jones (who was head of the audio production department at Columbia College in Chicago and who's parents were missionaries) has written a recently released book titled "Sound of Worship" (A Handbook of Acoustics and Sound System Design for the Church) on Focal Press.

Promotional code # 37688 provides a 20% discount wen you order it from Focal / Excelsior.

There are a good number of VERY poory written, technically "wrong" and misleading books on sound for churches out there these days. Knowing Doug (and Focal Press) I am confident this will be a welcome addition to the technical library of anyone who is seriously interested in what we're up against.

Once I get mine and have read it I will add a mini review.

He has been working on it for quite a while, and has put a lot of time and research into it.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago, but have not had a chance to "read" it yet.  

But just thumbing through, it looks to be a very good source, and not just on a technical side-but also for anybody looking to do work with churches.  Especially on understanding of the differences between denominations.

Church is not "church" anymore.
Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: new book on sound for HOW
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2010, 10:04:28 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 24 queries.