ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Looking for an extension  (Read 2477 times)

Steven Fondren

Looking for an extension
« on: November 17, 2010, 12:47:56 am »

I was wondering if anyone knows where I might find a specific part.  I need to mount a podium style microphone on a banister that only sits about 3 1/2 ft high.  I can get a 22"mic but I still need another foot or so.  I need a small (12") extension that has a XLR-M/XLR-F connections that can be plugged into the mount on the banister end and accept the mic on the other end.  I have seen booms that had the XLR built into the end of them, but it's been years ago and I can't find one anywhere.  Thanks.

Jonathan Johnson

Re: Looking for an extension
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 01:17:39 am »

I did a Google image search for "gooseneck mic extension xlr" and came up with these products:

http://electronics.mcmelectronics.com/?N=&Ntt=stellar+la bs+gooseneck&x=0&y=0

There may be others available. This is just the first one I found.

Arnold B. Krueger

• http://www.pcavtech.com
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2010, 09:04:32 am »

Steven Fondren wrote on Wed, 17 November 2010 05:47

I was wondering if anyone knows where I might find a specific part.  I need to mount a podium style microphone on a banister that only sits about 3 1/2 ft high.  I can get a 22"mic but I still need another foot or so.  I need a small (12") extension that has a XLR-M/XLR-F connections that can be plugged into the mount on the banister end and accept the mic on the other end.  I have seen booms that had the XLR built into the end of them, but it's been years ago and I can't find one anywhere.  Thanks.

IME Atlas Sound has the largest selection of parts like these. There are several delaers online who sell most or all of their catgalog. Google is your friend.

www.atlassound.com

B&H is one of their dealers who sells most of what they have.

Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2010, 10:10:25 am »

Arnold B. Krueger wrote on Wed, 17 November 2010 06:04

Steven Fondren wrote on Wed, 17 November 2010 05:47

IME Atlas Sound has the largest selection of parts like these. There are several delaers online who sell most or all of their catgalog. Google is your friend.

www.atlassound.com

B&H is one of their dealers who sells most of what they have.

All I see on Atlas Sound's website is goosenecks with threaded ends. I believe what the OP wants is a gooseneck with XLR ends (like I linked to above). Of course, I could be missing something on Atlas's site.

By the way, if anybody does need a threaded gooseneck, Atlas makes the best ones I've ever used. They don't go "skreeek, skrawwwk" when you move them. Radio Shack's are the worst.

George S Dougherty

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 11:31:39 pm »

Put a clip designed for an SDC on the end of the threaded gooseneck and put the gooseneck mic on that.  On-stage makes a nice grippy shockmount one.  We do a gooseneck on a straight stand with one of those clips.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2010, 11:31:39 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.