ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Our sound system  (Read 7966 times)

Kent Thompson

• http://www.kentssongs.com
Re: Our sound system
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2010, 01:04:41 AM »

This is not really something we can know without being there in the room. The only thing we can comment on are obvious things like the smiley face eq and where things are plugged in at. On top of that the eq is rather limited so there is not a lot you can do. If your lucky one of the feedback frequencies might be in one of the eq bands there. You could try it by trying to cause feedback by raising one of the eq sliders till you find the one that causes feed back then lower the level below the center till the feed back is reduced or goes away. It is probably gonna take a lot of other sound down with it but, if it nails the feedback it may be worth it.

Ron Balsom

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2010, 01:27:12 AM »

Hi Forrest, Just a comment on one of you last posts. You mentioned the possibly of the "monitor" output on the front with the 90 degree connector as possibly powering the assistant hearing system. I've not looked at the manual for that powered mixer, however if that 'monitor' output is from the 'monitor amp', that could easily and quickly damage the 'hearing assist' transmitter.  That transmitter wants only a 'signal' strength, not something that is 'amplified'. If you happen to have the manual, take a look about that output. That mixer does have two independent amplifiers, one marked "mains" the other marked "monitor" each with 'volume' controls and 'equalizer'.  Keep us informed.  Ron Balsom HPCC Casper, Wyoming.  
RonB.  /   Ron Balsom HPCC.

Dick Rees

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2010, 01:10:02 PM »

Ron Balsom wrote on Sat, 06 November 2010 01:27

Hi Forrest, Just a comment on one of you last posts. You mentioned the possibly of the "monitor" output on the front with the 90 degree connector as possibly powering the assistant hearing system. I've not looked at the manual for that powered mixer, however if that 'monitor' output is from the 'monitor amp', that could easily and quickly damage the 'hearing assist' transmitter.  That transmitter wants only a 'signal' strength, not something that is 'amplified'. If you happen to have the manual, take a look about that output. That mixer does have two independent amplifiers, one marked "mains" the other marked "monitor" each with 'volume' controls and 'equalizer'.  Keep us informed.  Ron Balsom HPCC Casper, Wyoming.  

The only "outs" from the amps on such powered heads are the 1/4" speaker outputs on the rear of the unit(s).  The "patch panels" on the front face are buss outputs from the mains, monitors and/or EFX.  Typically.

Phil Rowley

« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 06:52:53 AM »

I gather this system is primarily used for spoken word, correct?   If so, I would turn down your "LOW" EQs significantly.  Both on the indiviudal channel and on the EQ sliders on the right hand side.  Specifically, the "63" slider should be all the way down with the "125" slider just a tad above that.  That may be able to give you a bit more volume without introducing a low end feed back.  You mentioned the mic a the Lord's Table -- turning down that low end could reduce any noise or echo from the table itself as books and the Elements are moved around.  Also, experiment w/the positions of the "high" and "mid" knobs on channels 1 and 2.  That may clean up the sound a bit and make things more intelligible.  BUT--these suggestions are basic and assume nothing about your speaker types or how your room is configured.  Your mileage may vary.
Volunteer FOH, Monitor and Recording Engineer.  Check out my bio for further details.

Forrest Morris

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 08:23:55 PM »

Phil,

Thanks for all the information. I really appreciate all the help you guys have given. I intend to follow up on the suggestions and see how all works.

In Christ,
Forrest

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 08:23:55 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 24 queries.