ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Our sound system  (Read 7965 times)

Forrest Morris

Our sound system
« on: November 03, 2010, 07:22:48 PM »

Sometime back I had started a topic regarding our sound system at church. We were having problems with echoing, etc, at the Lord's table in particular. You all helped tremendously in us being able to "muffle" the sound coming from the table and resonating into the mic that is positioned there. Also, some asked what our sound board settings were set at. I have just gotten a good picture of our mixer and wanted your views on the settings. If you see any of the settings that look incorrect, please feel free and let me know so I can do some tweaking. I know very little about the system, beyond the basics. So, feel free to offer advice. Thanks![img]http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f78/tufunuf/ASCOC-AudioEquipment-0001.jpg

Ron Balsom

Re: Our sound system
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 02:07:35 AM »

Check your e-mail and also your 'pm' (private messages) here on your post. Thanks, Ron Balsom HPCC  Casper, Wyoming.
RonB.  /   Ron Balsom HPCC.

Ron Balsom

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 02:28:17 AM »

Hi Forrest, welcome back. Your info is very limited in your post, however, there's one thing that stands out. In the far upper right corner there is the 'efx return' knob. Turn that completely to left or 'off' position. Also over on the individual channels, (some 6 or 7) the knobs at the very tops of each of those, are labeled as "EFX". Turn those all 'off' as well. That will definately cause your problem. The use of 'EFX' in your system we can cover later. Now if your experiencing any sound "quality" issues, then let us know. Again, your info you have given us is lacking much. Blessings, Ron Balsom HPCC Casper, Wyoming.
RonB.  /   Ron Balsom HPCC.

Jonathan Johnson

« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 10:14:05 AM »

Two questions:

1. How are the FOH main speakers powered? Via the amp outputs on the back of this mixer?
  2. Where does the cord that's plugged into the MONITOR output go?

Dick Rees

« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 10:15:35 AM »

There are a couple of other potential issues visible.  

1.  The "smile curve" on the mains EQ

2.  The knob on channel 2 being turned all the way down, yet the XLR input is filled.  This would suggest a line level input (from a wireless mic?) and would be better addressed by engaging the "mic/line" button on the channel to pad the input down thereby allowing for some actual control with the volume knob.

JMiranda

• Pacific AV
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2010, 04:22:14 PM »

Perhaps I have come into this discussion too late in the game.  However, could you please describe at the present time, what you are exactly experiencing with the quality of the sound?

You mentioned doing several things (as sugg'd here) to help alleviate some of the reflections into a particular microphone from the table it was sitting on.  If that helped solve some of the problem, what is wrong now?
Jeff Miranda
VP of Sales
Pacific AV

Forrest Morris

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 04:03:56 PM »

Thanks Ron. I will do what you suggested and let you know how it does.

Forrest Morris

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2010, 04:08:59 PM »

Yes. The speakers are powered through the back of the mixer. I believe the cord on the monitor outlet goes to the hearing assisted box that allows the hearing impaired to use the wireless earphone devices.

Forrest Morris

« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2010, 04:12:25 PM »

Dick,

The knob (#2) is actually for the Lord's table mic and was only turned down so there was no feedback from the #1 (Main podium) mike which was being used at the time the picture was taken. The #2 knob controls the wireless mic and is always left at the setting you see in the picture.

Forrest Morris

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 04:21:15 PM »

Actually, the resonating, echo sound has been pretty well eliminated by using the suggestions that were recommended earlier in the posts prior to this discussion.

Now, in this discussion, I am simply asking for advice on the mixer settings in order to see if I am close to where we need to be with the system. I know very little about the workings of the system, other than (sort of) getting a working balance overall. The recordings that we get are pretty good, considering my lack of knowledge. I just wanted to see if there were any "glaring" deficiencies in the settings that would help to improve the sound factor that the audience(s) deals with from week to week. Occasionally, we experience a ringing or echo when someone is speaking. So I wasn't sure if I had all the settings where the needed to be.

Thanks for all the help.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2010, 04:21:15 PM »

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 22 queries.