ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: sermons on cd are too quiet  (Read 32955 times)

Don Sullivan

Re: sermons on cd are too quiet
« Reply #30 on: November 12, 2010, 09:07:53 AM »

I like to record to a laptop or desktop computer hard dive using the audio line in and use software like Goldwave to boost the volume after the track is recorded. Then trim and publish to CD.

Jordan Wolf

« Reply #31 on: November 15, 2010, 12:47:08 AM »

Don Sullivan wrote on Fri, 12 November 2010 09:07

I like to record to a laptop or desktop computer hard dive using the audio line in and use software like Goldwave to boost the volume after the track is recorded. Then trim and publish to CD.

This isn't necessarily a bad thing, but raising the gain of the source material also raises the noise floor, making it more apparent.  The gain staging talked about in the above posts is more for a better Signal-to-Noise Ratio so that the noise floor isn't a problem anymore.

If there's [unwanted] noise to begin with, it will only get louder if/when the entire recording is made louder.
--Airport Circle Sound Reinforcement, LLC--

Timothy C. Lee

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 08:47:16 PM »

I think the easiest option is to forget the stand alone cd recorder and record directly into a laptop or desktop computer.  There you can either "normalize" the audio to max it out, or manually adjust the levels to bring them up to better gain.  To top it off if you are burning cd's you already have it backed up on your hard drive for future reference or burning.  And since it's already in the computer you can make mp3's, email audio etc.  I feel the same way about video as well.  Lots of churches are going direct to a stand alone dvd burner instead of importing straight into the computer to edit & burn.

Tim

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2011, 08:47:16 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 23 queries.