ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Your downgrade our upgrade?  (Read 2043 times)

Michael Pickering

Your downgrade our upgrade?
« on: July 22, 2010, 10:58:58 am »

I have a quirky request...

On Easter Sunday we held the official grand opening of LifeWalk Church at DeMasi Middle School in Marlton, NJ. LifeWalk began as a Bible study at my kitchen table only six months earlier with one other couple. Each week the Lord brought more people until we could no longer fit in my home - God is good.

As of this past weekend we've completely maxed out our current A/V gear. I'm hoping to connect with a more established church that may have some old gear collecting dust in a storage closet that would consider donating (or mostly donating) equipment to our plant here in NJ. Your downgrade could be our upgrade.

I'm happy to provide specifics if interested. Thanks!

http://www.lifewalk.tv

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: Quirky Request
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2010, 11:43:56 am »

LifeWalk wrote on Thu, 22 July 2010 10:58

I have a quirky request...

I also have a quirky request. How about reading the posting rules and following them?

Mac

George S Dougherty

Re: Your downgrade our upgrade?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2010, 11:51:47 am »

You'll want to change your name to a real person's name rather than posting as a church.  Forum rules dictate it and your thread will be locked shortly if you don't.  A moderator will probably be along shortly to enforce this.

I'd recommend posting your current gear and how you've outgrown it.  Otherwise, we have little idea as to what may help you.  

It's probably also a good idea to put the need out to the congregation if you haven't already.  The church I attend started in much the same manner and members of the congregation were blessed to contribute to meeting the church's needs.  I'm guessing you aren't needing to upgrade to expensive equipment and much of what's needed could possibly be found as a great value on Craigslist.

Michael Pickering

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 12:18:03 pm »

Mac - Sorry, I did read the rules, just missed filling in my alias. Corrected now.

George - Thanks for your helpful input. I prefer investing $ into people first, "stuff" last. All of our current gear I donated to the church, along with my time. It's been the best investment I ever made!

I'm a big fan of recycling, gear included. I've worked at venues in the past that, upon upgrading equipment, either trashed or retired the older gear to collect dust. Although I have been trolling craigslist, etc., I believe it can't hurt to explore a few other resources in hopes of making the most of the resources potentially available.

We're currently using a very small system consisting of:

Sound
1 Mackie CFX 12 MKII 12 channel mixer
1 Furman Power Conditioner - Model 8L
1 DBX 215 graphic eq
1 DBX 1231 graphic eq
2 Sennheiser ew100 G2 Wireless Mic Systems
1 100ft 8x4 EWI audio snake
1 Sennheiser ew112PG3 Wireless Lavalier
3 Shure SM58's
2 Rode NT1-A Condenser Mics
2 JBL EON 15" powered main speakers
2 JBL 12" EON powered monitor speakers
Cables, connectors, stands, etc.

Lighting
8 Source Four Par EA Lights
2 Leviton ND4600 Dimmer Paks
1 Leviton MC7008 8/16 Lighting Controller
32 lens set - 4 per light
1 lens road case - briefcase style
2 Applied Electronics L13 Crank up lift light stands
2 Applied Electronics Steel T-Bars

We've been adding musicians and have maxed out our board and snake. Live musicians include a number of vocalists, acoustic guitar (w/pickup), bass, 2 keyboards, and soon to add sax and possibly trumpet. In addition to the live musicians I often run drum and synth tracks from a laptop. At this point we're limited to only 2 monitor mixes. We're holding our service in a small gym and so the acoustics are... less than ideal!

We're growing fast and planning for future growth I believe we need to be looking at a 32 channel board capable of 6 monitor mixes. We also already could use double our existing lighting.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2010, 12:18:03 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 19 queries.